This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CAU chapter.

Name: Zoe McDowell

Hometown: McDonough, GA

Major: Biology

IG:__zoemcdowell

Dream Job: To be a Professional Queen!

Bucket List: To become fairly familiar with all styles of ballroom dance

Inspiration: Knowing there is no such thing as competition when pursuing purpose

Can’t Leave Without: My purse

Short Term Goal: To be published in the field of biological research 

Long Term Goal: To be a loving wife and a nurturing mother to my beautiful family

Favorite Quote: “His grace is sufficient for me, for His strength is made perfect in my weakness …” 2 Cor. 12:9

Favorite Food: Seafood

Favorite Color: Olive Green

Favorite Hangout Spot: Anywhere my loved ones are.

Hobbies: Exercising, Painting, & Thrifting. 

Why CAU: I honestly received a peace in my spirit when it came to choosing this institution, and I thank God for every opportunity that has been extended to me since the moment I became a CAU Panther!

Campus Organizations: Isabella T. Jenkins Honors Program, Orientation Guide Corps, Femdelacréme, Philharmonic Society, Pre-Professional Health Society, and the Kings and Queens Coalition

Something no one knows: I’m not ticklish.

One piece of Advice: Remain true to what you know is true

Current Positions: I currently serve as Miss Collegiate 100. I took on the position because it is truly an honor to be apart of the first Collegiate 100 Royal Court, and we have the opportunity to lay the foundation of what is expected to come for every future Collegiate 100 Queen to come.

HBCU All-Star: Being selected as an All-Star for the White House’s Initiative on HBCU’s has truly been a blessing.  I can honestly say that I have family spread across the nation.  It is my hope that through this position, I can complete a large, collective service project for the campus of CAU, and alter people’s perceptions of our thriving institution.  

Biology Internship: As a biology major I have sought internships in the area of research.  I currently work in the Center for Cancer Research and Therapeutic Development (CCRTD), where my lab’s focus is prostate cancer cell research.  I have been blessed to intern in this lab for the summer of 2015 and the 2015-2016 academic year.  It is my prayer that the work that has gone forth be published in this upcoming year. 

Freshman Platform as Miss Freshman 13-14: Hungry For Success: Enriching the Community, Enhancing School Pride, and Effectively Representing the Class of 2017.  I believing that I have embodied these principles through my involvement in organizations on and off campus.  I believe I have represented my institution, my class, and myself truly to the best of my ability. 

Plans Post-Graduation: I anticipate a proactive gap year conducting research while I prepare myself to embrace the challenge of attending medical school to become a pediatric surgeon. 

Why CAU/Bio? Answered above; I honestly have a passion for children’s health, & I truly believe that a child is too young to have to combat compromised health; this is the source of my inspiration.  No child should be so ill that they too cannot enjoy the freedoms of childhood living.  

Hey everyone, my name is Yasmyne Fisher. I'm currently the President/Co-Campus Correspondent at Clark Atlanta University. I am a graduating senior, majoring in Fashion Design. My passion is writing on what people want to read, whether it is fashion, pop culture, being black in America you name it I love giving my perspective of a college student to readers.