Your Guide To Spooky Season: Where To Go

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CAU chapter.

The numerous events in Atlanta can be quite overwhelming. In fact, it can be said that the city doesn’t sleep. However, the deeper we get into the spooky season, the more everyone wants to get out. Who doesn’t love a good hangout with friends and family? Here are some events to look forward to this spooky season in the Atlanta area. 

1. 1. Netherland Haunted House 

• Where: 2076 West Park Place Blvd Stone Mountain, GA 30087 

The Netherland Haunted House is a frightening job with great performers and sets that are extremely professional. Many have reported that the “Hollywood special effects” make each scare even more realistic than the last. This year they’re focusing on awakening the unknown. Moreover, the audience should expect extraterrestrial creatures rising from the dead. In addition, guests have the opportunity to check out the gory escape room that’s also at the location.  

1. 2. Boo At The Zoo 

• Where: 800 Cherokee Ave SE, Atlanta, GA, 30315

A less frightening location is happening at Zoo Atlanta. As if the thousands of animals weren’t a reason to visit, Boo At The Zoo provides a great outlet for the family to bond. Guests are asked to come in their costumes and explore the zoo. There will be treats and even a live DJ for everyone to dance around. Furthermore, this is a great opportunity for younger children to get in the spooky spirit. They’ll be able to travel through a corn maze and even partake in arts and crafts! 

1. 3. Georgia A-Scary-Um 

• Where: 225 Baker St NW, Atlanta, GA, 30313

The Georgia Aquarium is offering four events throughout October to encourage guests to have a spooky spirit. The events all have a unique purpose for a specific group of people. On October 1st, there was a “Toddler Time” for children to learn about the different marine life and enjoy other activities. The next event is called the “Graveyard Smash: A Monstrous Spooktacular.”  This event will feature special appearances from Dracula, Frankenstein, and more. Next, is an event strictly for the adults over the age of twenty-one. “Sips Under the Sea – Nightmare On Baker Street” is a cocktail party happening outside the aquarium hours. Guests are asked to wear their “Halloween best and prepare for a wicked good time.” Lastly, there will be a safe trick-or-treat for all ages to enjoy. 

1. 4. Haunted Pink Trap House 

• Where: 320 Temple Ave, Newman, GA, 30263

Last year, the rapper 2 Chainz debuted the Pink Trap House. It was reported that the house was to be demolished earlier this year, but luckily the rapper brought it back for some spooky fun! With the help of 13Stories, another terrifying haunted house, the rapper has transformed the trap house. There will be three phases for the audience to participate in. In fact, guests will even be blindfolded in one phase. 

1. 5. Fright Fest

• Where:  275 Riverside Pkwy, Austell, GA, 30168

Everyone should experience the Six Flags Fright Fest at least once in their lifetime. The amusement park provides little spooky affairs throughout the day and nearly transforms when the sun goes down. There are several haunted houses and scare zones in various areas of the park. The scare zones consist of Cannibal Carnival, The Bunker, and more!

Da'Zhane Johnson is a Junior at Clark Atlanta University. She often finds herself eagerly waiting in a Starbucks line, or happily looking for new coffee orders to add to her collection. Her major is Mass Media Arts with a hard concentration in journalism, so in her spare time, she's usually writing. To read more of her articles, check her out on Instagram @bydazh!