WTH?!!!! Where is Spring?!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CAU chapter.

It’s about this time, most of us are returning from spring break in which we have ventured to different places of the globe for the week, and we expect our hometowns to be warm when we get back…But it’s NOT!!! Do you always ask yourself “Why is it still cold?!” Well, the answer is….GLOBAL WARMING!!! No, but really, the climate changes within the last 5-10 years have taken a huge impact on certain parts of the world. For example, in Antarctica, the ice is rapidly turning into water. On the opposite spectrum, Madagascar is receiving a lot of rain when it’s usually hot. These are some prime examples of the seasons changing and are shortening by the year. (I hope you’ve enjoyed that little geography lesson but let’s get back to what really matters lol.) For college students, we are excited to break out our new spring clothes instead of layering up. We look forward to being outside more frequently due to nice weather and of course, who doesn’t love a sunny day pic (I know I do!)?!

Some things a lot of us collegiate women are expecting this upcoming Spring are:

-Sundress SZN

-Colored Nails

-Outside Parties

-Good Vibes

Sundress season is one of the essential components for spring because not only are we able to wear long dresses carefree, but a lot of us love a good dress that hugs our figure. Winter has taken the privilege away of having unlimited options in what we wear, but once the temperatures start to rise in the upcoming weeks, trust and believe the women on campus will be wearing one.

It’s one thing to wear sundresses, but it’s the colored nail trend in spring that brings out the bubbly and festive side of women. When it starts getting warmer, you start seeing a lot of neon orange, yellows, pinks, blues, purples and of course the black girl staple, white! When you get that fresh mani and pedi from the salon and you rock them on campus, you know you’re feeling yourself because you feel good and look good. Catch us wearing a sundress and colored nail on the promenade, we will be unstoppable, just watch! #sundressandcolorednailsznloading!

I’ve listed sundress szn and colored nails, but outside events i.e. parties and pool parties will be all the rave, because who doesn’t love to have a good time with your friends, embracing the sun, and capturing timeless memories when it’s spring? Personally, outside parties are the most exciting around this time on campus because everyone will be there for the chill vibes and forgetting responsibilities in order to live it up. Mother Nature please, just bring us warm weather and we will do whatever you ask us to fix the planet! We just want to have a good time, that’s all.

At the end of the day, no matter what season it is, all of us just want to surround ourselves with positive energy and good vibes. Spring and Summer bring out the best in everyone because we are nearing the end of the school year. Some people may be graduating or moving up a grade or embarking on a new chapter in their lives and who doesn’t want that huh?! I’ve always been told “Whatever you speak into existence, will happen” and I believe that is because when you maintain a positive energy you start to watch your life shift and changes will occur for the better. 

So to you Winter, we love you but we will catch you later next late Fall.

Hey everyone, my name is Yasmyne Fisher. I'm currently the President/Co-Campus Correspondent at Clark Atlanta University. I am a graduating senior, majoring in Fashion Design. My passion is writing on what people want to read, whether it is fashion, pop culture, being black in America you name it I love giving my perspective of a college student to readers.