Winter Break Bucket List: 15 Activities to Do Over Winter Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CAU chapter.

Spend time with family. You’re only home for a month so surround yourself with those who love you.

Try a new recipe. Time to ask your grandmother for her famous recipe you’ve been itching to learn. Maybe even bake some gingerbread cookies to get in the holiday spirit.

Volunteer. Tis the season of giving, so why not help out at the local soup kitchen or participate in gift wrapping?

Arts and Crafts. Bring out your inner artist to design Christmas decorations or create a scrapbook.

Get a job. CHA-CHINGGG!!

Road Trip. You don’t have to go a thousand miles away, just take a mini trip to your peaceful place.

Read a book. Sounds awful right? At least it’s not a textbook. Read a drama novel and fill your break with suspense.

Snowtivities. Indulge in the many snow activities. Create your own snowmen families or build forts and have a snowball fight. If you’re really fancy, take a skiing trip!

Relax at the beach. For those who do not live in the frosty weather.

Makeover. Wardrobe changes and new hairstyles are cool but let’s target something greater. Start on that exercise plan you’ve claimed you were going to do. Have an internal makeover and take the time to evaluate your goals. New Year, who this?

Host/ Attend a party. Who doesn’t like a good fiesta?

Do something out of the ordinary. Now is time to crawl out of your shell and experience things outside of your daily routine. Attend a concert. Or something as simple as driving a different way home.

Update your music playlist. Thou shall stay hip to the new tunes.

Have a game night. Blow the dust off that twister board because it’s time to get down and dirty!

Sleep in. The most important of them all! You can now catch up on the sleep that you’ve been deprived of all semester. BUT DON’T GET OVERLY LAZY!!