This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CAU chapter.

“I love my H in front of my B,

My B in front of my C,

My C in front of my U… I love my HBCU!!” 

– said by every HBCU student everywhere

If you don’t know, HBCU stands for Historically Black College or University. There are so many options to choose from, but there is only one that stole my heart, Clark Atlanta University. Why do I love my HBCU? Here are a few reasons why I’m obsessed and happy I chose to continue my education at this amazing institution.

1. New Student Orientation (NSO) is the start of the college journey here. You meet new people, get to know the campus, have fun at all of the events, while also gaining a bit of knowledge during seminars.

2.  On Campus Events

Talent shows are my favorite, but there are also: movie nights, campus organization events, and Market Thursday. Also, any time between 12P.M. and 1 P.M . in the student center is an event within itself.

3. Rivalry Game

Get your game face on and your best fits of the seaon  cause its the rivarly game! Anytime CAU plays agaisnt Morehouse, whether it’s basketball, baseball, or football, we are in the stands, cheering for our lives. It does get heated at times, but it’s all fun and games. At the end of the night it doesn’t matter who wins because we come together for the ultimate LITUATION.

4. Homecoming

This is the time for the most chill student to shine on campus. You pull out the most fire outfits, get your hair done, nails done and pop out for something new every day of Homecoming week. From the coronation ball to the tailgate you will stay entertained. This is also the time for the on campus talents to make appearances and show off their skills.

5. We are all talented in so many ways.

From singing to dancing to academics to athletics to politics to activism the AUC has it all. We don’t limit ourselves and we make sure that our peers are shooting for the stars as well. It’s so important that you chase your dreams, even if that dream seems unrealistic or impossible.

Remember this: “Don’t tell me the sky’s the limit when there are footprints on the moon.”

If you’re reading this and you are in high school, please make sure that you choose to attend a school that is going to challenge you. When I say “challenge” I don’t mean just academically. You should choose a school that challenges you spiritually, emotionally, mentally, and possibly physically if it’s a pretty large campus.But seriously, these challenges will make you who you are and transform you into the mature adult you are meant to be. Good luck, and choose wisely.

Photos By Auccam & Clark Atlanta University.

Hi! I'm Aliyah, a Senior Business Administration major with a concentration in marketing from PG County, Maryland. I spend my time watching YouTube videos, Netflix and reading books. I love all things storytelling.