This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CAU chapter.

Growing up in the early 2000s was most definitely an era, being able to see all the amount of technologies become what they are and to play them. Then to see the technology to continue and advance. Overall, it was a sight to see. Playing video games was something my sisters and I enjoyed doing growing up. Starting from having Play Station 1 and then having many more other gaming devices. As three girls, we didn’t play the average video games. Although I am the youngest I had little say when it picking video games, yet, the games my sisters picked were always fun. 

The devices I had growing up were the first Play Station, Play Station 2, The PSP, The Nintendo DSi, and the Xbox 360 with the Kinect. I can’t say I had a boring childhood.

Someone holds a Playstation controller in front of an out-of-focus television
Pexels

Play Station 

The very first play station! The grey on from back in the day? Yeah, we had that one. The PlayStation (officially shortened as PS and generally known as the PS1 or its codename PSX) is a home computer game comfort created and promoted by Sony Computer Entertainment. It was first discharged on December 3rd, 1994 in Japan, on September 9th, 1995 in North America, on September 29th, 1995 in Europe, and on November 15th, 1995 in Australia. My favorite games on the Play Station were Crash Bandicoot and Tomb Raider.

Crash Bandicoot

Listen, this game took skill. Don’t ask for the controller if you don’t know what you are doing. Crash Bandicoot is a stage computer game created by Naughty Dog and distributed by Sony Computer Entertainment for the PlayStation. The game was discharged in North America in September 1996, and in Europe in November 1996.

Tomb Raider

Tomb Raider is an activity experience computer game created by Core Design and distributed by Eidos Interactive. Tomb Raider was discharged for N-Gage gadgets in 2003, and for the PlayStation Network in North America in August 2009, and in Europe in August 2010. Additionally, Tomb Raider follows the endeavors of Lara Croft, an English classicist looking for antiquated fortunes. Another game that is all about skills. This game, in particular, used to get me upset.

Play Station 2

This device was the one probably used the most. It used to be left on for days because we didn’t have a memory card. The PlayStation 2 (formally marked as PS2) is a home computer game reassure created and promoted by Sony Computer Entertainment. It was first discharged in Japan on March 4th, 2000, in North America on October 26th, 2000, and in Europe and Australia on November 24th, 2000, and is the successor to the first PlayStation, just as the second portion in the PlayStation reassure line-up. My favorite games on the PS2 were Need For Speed Underground and Grand Theft Auto: III 

Need For Speed: Underground

We always played car games but with one, our Dad bought us a steering wheel as a controller. Making the game even more fun. Need for Speed: Underground is the seventh portion in the Need for Speed arrangement, and was created by EA Black Box and distributed by Electronic Arts in 2003. Underground rebooted the establishment, overlooking the past Need for Speed games which highlighted sports vehicles and exotics. It was the main game in the arrangement to offer a professional mode including a storyline. 

Grand Theft Auto: III

Even though in reality I was too young to play this game, it was still fun to play. Grand Theft Auto III is a 2001 activity experience game created by DMA Design and distributed by Rockstar Games. It is the fifth title in the Grand Theft Auto arrangement, and the principal principle passage since 1999’s Grand Theft Auto 2. Set inside the anecdotal Liberty City, in light of New York City, the game follows a criminal named Claude after he is left for dead and rapidly gets snared in a universe of posses, wrongdoing, and debasement.

The PSP

The PlayStation Portable (PSP) is a handheld game comfort created and showcased by Sony Computer Entertainment. It was first discharged in Japan on December 12th, 2004, in North America on March 24th, 2005, and in PAL areas on September 1st, 2005, and is the principal handheld portion in the PlayStation line of consoles. The PSP was originally my sisters but she stopped playing with it so I eventually took it. Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City was played faithfully. 

Nintendo DSi

The Nintendo DSi is a double screen handheld game reassure discharged by Nintendo. The reassure propelled in Japan on November 1st, 2008, and overall start in April 2009. It is the third emphasis of the Nintendo DS, and its essential market rival is Sony’s PlayStation Portable (PSP). One of my favorite devices! The games I use to play were AMF Bowling Pinbusters, Cooking Mama and Nintendo: Dogs. 

Xbox 360

The Xbox 360 is a home computer game support created by Microsoft. As the successor to the first Xbox, it is the second support in the Xbox arrangement. It rivaled Sony’s PlayStation 3 and Nintendo’s Wii as a feature of the seventh era of computer game consoles. This was the last device that my parents bought me, I beg for this thing and I got it. The games I played on here were Injustice: Gods Among us and Dance Central 2.

I don’t play video games anymore but I will pick up a controller with no hesitation. Plus playing video games has become expensive, but as technology keeps advancing games are going to become more fun. And I personally can’t miss out on that so, I will be getting a PS5. Now the question is: what’s your favorite video game?  

A nintendo switch displaying mario kart is on a display case in front of  blurry convention scene in the background
Pexels

Hey! I am Terri Blige a Senior English Major with a Concentration of Creative Writing at Thee Clark Atlanta University. I am from Connecticut. I am proud to say that I am a writer for HerCampusCAU