This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CAU chapter.

Stephen King! King is an American author of horror, supernatural fiction, suspense, science fiction, and fantasy. His books have sold more than 350 million copies,[2] many of which have been adapted into feature films, miniseries, television series, and comic books. King has published 58 novels (including seven under the pen name Richard Bachman) and six non-fiction books. He has written approximately 200 short stories, most of which have been published in book collections.     In this article, I want to discuss my top 3 most favorite Stephen King movies. Now you know that If they are my favorite that means that these movies are must watches. The three movies I’m going to discuss is Sleepwalkers, Silver Bullet and Stand By Me.

Sleepwalkers 

Charles Brady and his mom, Mary, are Sleepwalkers—itinerant, shapeshifting vitality vampires, who feed off the lifeforce of virgin ladies. Despite the fact that they regularly keep up a human structure, they can change into human-sized bipedal werecats, their normal structure, freely. They are stronger than people and have forces of both supernatural power and deception. Their one weakness is cats, with whom they have a common threatening vibe, which can see through their fantasies, however, can exact serious to deadly injuries upon them with their paws. Charles can likewise turn himself and his vehicle invisible.

Here’s a like to the trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_DD7WWr4Sw

Sleepwalkers are one of the first Stephen King movies I was introduced to thank my Father. This movie was filmed in the ’80s which also makes this movie unique. This movie is also insane but at the same time, it’s romantic. Yes, the mother and the son in the movie love each other. Which does make the movie weird but it just makes the movies more interesting to watch. As a writer, I wonder how Stephen King came up with this story because the storyline is incredible. 

Silver Bullet

Jane Coslaw (Follows) serves as the narrator of the film as well as the older sister of the main protagonist of the movie, her paraplegic brother Marty (Haim) and their parents Nan and Bob. Their rocky relationship changes after a series of murders in their small rural town of Tarker’s Mills, Maine starting in the spring of 1976.

Here’s a link to the trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hSkvsPs13I

This movie is most definitely out of control. Also being set in the ’80s making this movie a classic as well. This movie is one of the best Werewolf movies that I have ever seen. And the plot twist to this movie is most definitely shocking as to who is the Werewolf. This is one Stephen King movie I hope they don’t remake. 

Stand By Me

After learning that a stranger has been accidentally killed near their rural homes, four Oregon boys decide to go see the body. On the way, Gordie Lachance, Vern Tessio, Chris Chambers and Teddy Duchamp encounter a mean junk man and a marsh full of leeches, as they also learn more about one another and their very different home lives. Just a lark at first, the boys’ adventure evolves into a defining event in their lives. 

Here’s a link to the trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYTfYsODWQo

I think Stand By Me is a Stephen King movie that everyone knows. This movie is a classic that everyone should watch. This is one Stephen King story that really focuses on each character carefully and deeply. Each character’s weaknesses were shown through their journey. Stand By Me is a movie filmed in this ’80s.

There are plenty of other of Stephen King movies that I love. But these three movies, are the must see! Trust me. 

Hey! I am Terri Blige a Senior English Major with a Concentration of Creative Writing at Thee Clark Atlanta University. I am from Connecticut. I am proud to say that I am a writer for HerCampusCAU