Terayle Hill, More Than Just a CollegeBoyfriends Character

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CAU chapter.

Name: Terayle Hill

Classification: Graduating Senior

Hometown: Moreno Valley, CA

Major: Mass Media Arts: Radio, Television and Film

Organizations on campus? Previosuly held a position on the of House of Delegates, Well off Gs, Kings Talk Affiliate, and From The Pressbox Production Team

As a Campus Celebrity, what are you best known for? I believe I’m known for my acting, directing and entertainment in Atlanta

What’s your role on the highly accalimed YouTube series, “College Boyfriends?” I play as the character, Demauri’A Watkins: a tough misunderstood, student athlete

What inspired you to become an actor? I was kinda forced into acting. I wrote my own film in highschool and when the lead pulled out, I jumped in the lead slot and did pretty well. Then I began doing acting in theater as well as film and web series.

As a graduating senior, what are your plans after graduation? After graduation, I plan on continuing in the entertainment industry and pressing forward as writer and eventually obtain my doctorate in communications.

What would you say is your memorable moment at Clark Atlanta University? One memory I won’t forget at CAU is stepping Freshman year for Pfeiffer and winning the 1st place trophy.

You and CAU alumna, Loren Lott are two of the funniest people I follow on Instagram. LOL, like ya’ll literally make my days better. Who’s idea was it to make the cute funny videos that are seen everywhere on social media? Which video is your favorite? The idea to start making videos with Loren came out of NOWHERE. Loren records everything we do in real life. One day, she posted something she recorded (without my consent) and we realized how much it was getting shared around. If you notice, our earlier videos didn’t have our names in them. One of our videos hit 250,000 views in a matter of days and I was extremely embarrassed! I figured, if she’s gonna post videos, we might as well get profit off of them. So I told her to put our names in them…then we began getting millions of views…then we actually started planning the skits after our “See You Again” video got 100 million views. Ever since then, our followers go up about 50 people a day on average and our Facebook likes/followers are in the hundred thousands. We work very well together because we began as friends, so the chemistry has always been there.

Which season on College Boyfriends do you think was your best season?  Season 3 will be a better season for Demarui’A; however Terayle (the actor) thinks season 2 Demauri’A was more of a challenge and showcased better acting abilities.

What advice do you have for incoming freshmen and/or aspiring actors and actresses? I encourage freshmen to PLEASE don’t get caught up in socializing. You didn’t spend thousands of dollars to forget what you did the night before. Any actors or actresses…Don’t be afraid to challenge yourself. Audition as much as you can because you will hear a NO more than a YES. Continue to press forward and work hard. Don’t be afraid of improv either; it’s amazing practice.

Let’s think into the future years from now. What legacy did you leave at CAU?  My legacy at CAU…. I want to build a new Mass Media department at CAU. A 4 level building with everything I WISH I would’ve had access to as a student.

If you were granted the opportunity to redo a year at CAU, which year would it be and why? I wouldn’t redo any year because that would be moving backwards. Time for a change.

Hey everyone, my name is Yasmyne Fisher. I'm currently the President/Co-Campus Correspondent at Clark Atlanta University. I am a graduating senior, majoring in Fashion Design. My passion is writing on what people want to read, whether it is fashion, pop culture, being black in America you name it I love giving my perspective of a college student to readers.