This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CAU chapter.

In lieu of spring break rapidly approaching, many of us are buying tickets to parties, ordering an ungodly amount of Fashion Nova items, and making last-minute living arrangements that we hardly plan on seeing anyway! While there are a few vacation spots college students like to frequent during spring break, none are as notorious as Miami. If you plan on hitting South Beach this spring break, this is your survival guide.

TIP #1 If you don’t know what’s going on, nine times out of ten Ocean Drive is where all the excitement is.

Ocean drive is essentially the essence of everything we think Miami should be. Day beach parties, flashy cars, beachfront restaurants, and endless college students from all over the country all live on Miami’s Ocean Drive. While Miami has other hidden gems, Ocean Drive always has something going! P.S. This is where South Beach is.

TIP #2 Bring all the cash you think you’re gonna need, then bring more.

Nothing is cheap in Miami. Be prepared to break the bank down there in the land of mischief. All good things have a price and Miami is no different. Of course, there are some ways to avoid this by going snack shopping early on during the trip and buying things away from high tourist areas.

TIP #3 Actually explore the city.

There is more to Miami than South Beach, so go find it! Miami is home to some of the finest restaurants, beach clubs and even an Ice Cream Museum! When exploring new cities, it’s important to get a taste of tourist life, but also important to see how the locals live and what they do for fun. Because I can’t speak for everyone, but for me the partying non-stop gets old and this can provide a break to the normal hustle and bustle that is the Miami club scene.

TIP #4 Have an itinerary.

While this is just a general travel rule, it is an important one. The best trips have an itinerary. This allows you to know what’s going around you and keeps you on a schedule, or not. The best part is you can change it at any time! But having a loose idea of how you want each day to go is more helpful than harmful in any vacation!

TIP #5 Remember your morals.

Miami is notorious for being the place that morals come to fall into a weeklong coma.  Be mindful that the city is full of phones and people who have the potential to go viral at any moment based on the actions of others around them. Don’t get caught on camera doing anything wild, but the best way to do that is to not do anything wild, especially in public places. The best moral barometer I have is to ask yourself, would I do what I was about to do if

A.      I was sober

B.      I was on campus in the student center

C.       If my future employer was in front of me

and if that isn’t enough for you remember kids,

If you answered NO to any of those questions, Issa dub.

These are my words of wisdom, be safe my spring breakers!

20 year old sophomore from little rock. mass media arts major, political science minor at clark atlanta university.