Style > Beauty

Rihanna Celebrates The Beauty of Brown Skin With Forthcoming Cosmetic Line ‘Fenty Beauty’

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CAU chapter.

Rihanna’s new beauty line, Fenty Beauty, is finally dropping and we cannot wait! Fenty Beauty is said to include 40 different foundation shades. Talk about diversity! 

Rihanna kicked off the anticipation last Friday with the line’s official campaign video, featuring a diverse lineup of the hottest models we know today, like Duckie Thot, Slick Woods, and Halima Adem, to name a few. The clear lack of inclusion of darker shades in many of today’s most popular cosmetic brands is a major issue in the beauty industry. When a Rihanna fan account messaged the singer asking if the rumors about the 40 foundation shades were true, Rihanna replied: “You knoooowwww it!!!!! Gotta represent for my girls and we come in all shades! Especially my brown sisters… been left out too many times in the makeup world!” 

Further videos and imagery have been released via Rihanna’s Instagram, putting a major spotlight on the brand’s variety and what else to expect. Fenty Beauty is set to debut on Friday, Sept. 8 on fentybeauty.com and sephora.com. Consider my calender marked!

Prices for all Fenty Beauty products can be seen below: 

My name is Lexi Zàhra. I'm a 22 year old senior at the esteemed Clark Atlanta University where I major in Mass Media Arts with a concentration in radio, television, & film. My interests are in all things art, most importantly music, poetry, and literature. It's an honor to write for Her Campus CAU and I hope you enjoy my content.