This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CAU chapter.

Water signs, especially my fellow Pisceans, we finally have the opportunity to be in the spotlight, seize it, and shine brightly in it! As we basque in the ethereal zodiac period that is Pisces season, let us celebrate some of the most ethereal black, Pisces women, shall we? Not to mention, what’s a better time to acknowledge powerful black women than during Black History Month?! 

Euphoria Zendaya Dancing
Giphy

Let’s first start with the legendary Piscean herself: Erykah Badu. The epitome and definition of a celestial and artistic Pisces, Ms.Badu has shown to be the blueprint of what Neo-Soul is and should remain. Her eccentric creativity and powerful presence has always set her apart from the rest since she first let him know he better call Tyrone! Erykah’s music discography is pure gold, filled with so many other classics like “Hello,” featuring Andre 3000, “On and On,” and “Orange Moon.” She taught the girls the ethics of spirituality, freedom of expression, and how important it is to find yourself from within. If that isn’t pure Pisces energy, then I don’t know what is!  

Next, we have Jhene Aiko, as we talk about the spiritual and intuitive attributes of the fish sign. Jhene is another example of a definite Pisces at heart, as she’s known for having an almost mesmerizing aura that’s powerful enough to make someone stutter as they speak to her. I know we’ve all seen that video of an interviewer stumbling on his words as she was simply looking at him. Throughout her music, she showcases the ‘take no B.S.. always protect your energy’ attitude that most Pisces have, with hits like “The Worst,” “Comfort Inn Ending,” “Triggered,” and “Trigger Protection Mantra.” Jhene Aiko is absolutely a talented gem who is so very evidently a Pisces sun that is in tune with their emotions. 

Beyonce  Clapping
Giphy

Lupita Nyong’o, yet another powerful black woman, is one who you wouldn’t expect to be a Pisces. However, in retrospect, it makes a lot of sense since, in every interview or red carpet event, she carries herself in a very ethereal, calm way that easily relaxes others around her. The amount of respect and recognition this talented actress receives is far less than enough as she’s starred (and dominated) in movies like Us, Black Panther, 12 Years a Slave, The Jungle Book, and 3 Star Wars movies. Her ability to embody the character she is playing has always been my favorite thing to watch. She truly did not get what she deserved at The Oscars this year! 

Last, but never least, we end this conversation with the most influential and powerful black, Pisces woman of our generation: Robyn Rihanna Fenty. A little throwback into when she was a Pop artist (take your time on the album, sis, we just miss you), Rihanna gave us early 2000’s hits like “Umbrella,” “Please Don’t Stop the Music,” “Pon de Replay,” and the list just goes on and on. By the 2010’s, Rihanna took on the good girl gone bad trope and absolutely slayed it. Now, within the last few years, Rihanna has continued to show how creative she really is, with her album “Anti,” considering all of the time and thought put into that masterpiece. Yet another example of a Pisces intolerant to B.S and very unapologetic, she’s always been known as that girl in the music industry, from her snapback tweets to being covered in Swarovski crystals. She’s continued to grow as an individual and branched out into a whole other industry outside of music and completely took it by storm. Not to mention, she makes everything she wears look amazing. It’s not cute until Rihanna says so! Rihanna is a true example of a Pisces full of passion, as Pisces become the most hard-working individuals towards our goals once we fall in love with the concept. How could you not be inspired by her?!

Regardless of all of the (incorrect) hate that Pisces as a zodiac gets, there is no denying that we are the most intuitive, unique, and creative zodiac that exists. The proof is in the pudding!

Hair Flip
Giphy

Alexandria Ramos is a Sophomore Mass Media Arts Major, with a concentration in Print Journalism, from the sunny city known as Los Angeles, California. You can often find her racking through her closet for the most intricate outfits, or drinking caramel iced coffee in your local Starbucks (or both simultaneously). She is always seen with a smile on her face, exuding her bubbly personality.