The Official Darone Okolie

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CAU chapter.

Her Campus CAU introduces you to THE OFFICIAL DARONE OKOLIE! You’re bound to find him on the big screen. 

You won’t want to sleep on this one!

Name: Darone Okolie

Hometown: Washington, D.C.

Classification: Senior

Major: Theater Arts

IG/Twitter: @darone.okolie

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________     

HcXOXO: Relationship Status?

Darone: Married to my career.

HcXOXO: Turn ons & Turn offs?

Darone: Being loyal is my turn on and my turnoff is someone who seeks attention for popularity.

HcXOXO: Dream Job?

Darone:  What I do now tell stories as an “Actor”.

HcXOXO: Dream date?

Darone: I don’t date.

HcXOXO: Whats at the top of your bucket list?

Darone: Head to Nigeria to meet my family.

HcXOXO: What or who inspires you?

Darone: My dad inspires me by his unselfish ways and waking up every morning taking care of my family.

HcXOXO: One thing you can’t leave the house without?

Darone: My iPhone because it has my life in it.

HcXOXO: Short term goal?

Darone: Graduate from college.

HcXOXO: Long term goal?

Darone: To have a successful longevity career.

HcXOXO: Celebrity crush?

Darone: Money is my celebrity crush.

HcXOXO: Favorite Quote

Darone: “Sometimes when we hit ROCK bottom we have to realize that GOD made the Rock.”

HcXOXO: Favorite color

Darone: Sky Blue / Red

HcXOXO: Favorite food?

Darone: Seafood Alfredo

HcXOXO: Hobbies?

Darone: Baseball, Football, Skiing, speed skating 

HcXOXO: Favorite hang out spot?

Darone: Runyon Canyon in Los Angles.

HcXOXO: Why CAU?

Darone: As an actor I wanted to be in Atlanta, Ga and also have a good education with an amazing social life. So, CAU stood out to me.

HcXOXO: Something no one knows about you?

Darone: I came from nothing so if I died today I would be satisfied. God has given me more than enough

HcXOXO: You seem like you travel a lot. What cities are your favorite so far? 

Darone:  My favorite cities are New York, Los Angles, and San Diego.

HcXOXO: What do you love most about being in front of the camera?

Darone: Most people would say the best part is to be different characters and that’s great.. But when I’m In front of the camera that’s the only time the Truth appears and you get to see the real me

HcXOXO: How has CAU impacted your opportunities

Darone: CAU prepped me and showed me time management to the fullest but everything that impacted my career I found by stepping off campus and exploring my version.

HcXOXO: When did you know acting is what you wanted to pursue?

Darone: I was shy as a kid and the only way I could get up Infront of the class was to get into character.
The moment that I realized actors performance triggered real lives and changed the world is the moment I wanted to pursue acting.

HcXOXO:  How did you know this was your calling?

Darone: Acting is my calling because there’s no on & off. Sometimes, I consistently act and will never stop. But I come to realize that you do not become an actor. Instead, Actors are born.
Her Campus CAU would like to thank Darone Okolie for cooperating with us. We wish the best for you and your future endeavors!!!

Hello! My name is Kyra Beasley. I am from Corpus Christi, Texas; raised in Houston, Texas. I am also a Clark Atlanta University Business student with a concentration in marketing and a minor in fashion merchandising. Hoping to make connections with all women. Recently, I have joined the "HerCampusCau" Chapter editorial team, which I'm so excited to be apart of. With that being said, I will now be able cover events, address controversy issues on campus, and give out great feedback and or advice.