free to use sounds kOuCX7fh50U unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
free to use sounds kOuCX7fh50U unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

My Spring Semester Goals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CAU chapter.

We have finally entered a new semester! Hello 2020 Spring semester! Like others, I planned to re-event myself in this new semester along with this new year as a whole. I have many goals that I want to reach in this semester in order to better myself as a person. 

One of the ways I plan to better myself is by being more responsible. I feel like one of the ways I can work on being responsible is definitely holding myself accountable. I feel as though responsibility starts with holding yourself accountable. Last semester, I realized that the only person who was responsible for my actions and decisions was me. Therefore, I learned quickly that I need to hold myself accountable for every decision that I make. These decisions also include the ones that very well could have been a mistake. However, I feel like recognizing your wrongdoings and avoiding them in the future is definitely a part of responsibility. Accountability is something I plan on keeping in mind when dealing with academics along with my social life. 

Another way to better myself during this new semester is to build connections. When I say build connections, I want to build connections through friendships and within my field of study. My previous semester at Clark made it extremely difficult for me to go out and be open to building beneficial connections. I feel as though this may have hindered me from opportunities to start my career. It also may have hindered me from an opportunity to find a few really amazing friends. I am excited to meet new people and see what kind of lessons, opportunities, and new experiences that these new connections may bring into my life. 

The last goal I have for this spring semester is to stay motivated! Freshman year of college is definitely full of brand new things, and not all of those things are easy to handle. It is a common time for one to lose motivation. Last semester, I had to learn that inconvenient situations were going to come, but I could not let that stop me from doing what I needed to do. I also realized that I cannot measure my level of success by comparing it to others’ success. This is what demotivated me the most. My goal for this semester is to focus on exactly what I want to do and stay focused. I also have to never let go of my dreams as far as career aspirations, living in my dream home, and other things that I wish to accomplish in my future. Never letting go is a great way to stay motivated on your goals! 

Last semester, I learned a lot about myself. I also learned about a lot of the opportunities in my career. Last semester was definitely a learning experience for me. However, this semester, I plan on applying all of the things I have learned into my daily life. Overall, I am excited to see where the 2020 Spring semester will take me!

Hey guys! I am Sydney Jones,I am a freshman Mass Media Arts major at Clark Atlanta University. I am from the Grind City, also known as, Memphis, Tennesee. On a regular day, you can find me singing my heart out to old Disney movies and TV shows. I am a radio, television, and film concentration, but I love to write in order to share my stories along with other people's stories. Feel free to connect with me through social media and enjoy!