This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CAU chapter.

It’s pretty obvious that I’m obsessed with Netflix. I’ve comprised a list of my favorite Netflix Originals including shows and movies. I hope that this list is worthy enough for Girl’s Nights in and Netflix & Chill sessions!

1. The Get Down

If you’ve been reading my articles, you already know how much I love this series. With two seasons under its belt, it’s definitely a binge worthy series. Although it isn’t set to be renewed for a third season, it’s still a great show filled with an amazing cast of young actors. Some say the show is historically inaccurate, but who cares when the plot is action packed?

2. Marvel’s Luke Cage

I found this Original very interesting. Based on an already existing series, this original follows the very dramatic life that Luke Cage lives.

3. Naked

This HILARIOUS Original starring Marlon Wayans is about a continuous time loop where Marlon wakes up in an elevator completely naked. It’s sooooo funny. I would recommend this one for a date night in with your boo.

4. #RealityHigh

This movie stars one of my favorite actors, Keith Powers. It’s an interesting next generation film all about social media. You could call this one a “coming of age” film. Although it’s a bit predictable, it’s worth a watch.

5. Altered Carbon

If you’re into futuristic films and advanced technology, this Original is for you. It’s definitely a show that requires attention to detail. You might want to save this one for a weekend with no plans and I would suggest watching it alone so you can really pay attention to all of the minor details.

6. On My Block

I’m so excited to introduce one of the newest Originals! I’ll be honest, the acting is not the greatest in this series. BUT… hear me out, it’s binge worthy. It’s honestly adorable and I felt a slight attachment to the characters.

7. Santa Clarita Diet

You might want to have a strong stomach for this obscene series. This Original just debuted it’s second season and I’m currently in the middle of watching it. The underlying humor and twisted concept are definitely an acquired taste.

8. Roxanne Roxanne

Another new Original that’s worth a watch. This show is educating viewers on a bit of Hip Hop History. The Godmother of Hip Hop get’s a voice through this series, and I feel compelled to mention her film in this list. This Original definitely qualifies for a Girl’s Night In film.

9. Seven Seconds

This series starts off with a bang, literally. I’m sure we’ve all seen what’s been going on in today’s society with police brutality and the murder of young, black men and women. This series touches on that sensitive subject. It’s a tearjerker so you might want to watch this one alone. Or, watch it with Bae for emotional support.

10. Everything Sucks

This is another adorable series set in the ‘90s. These young lovers are just trying to figure it out, and they’re not the only ones. Even the adults are getting it together in this show. I’d definitely qualify this show for a Netflix & Chill session.

11. Irreplaceable You

An honorable mention! I couldn’t leave this movie out of this list. Get ready for the tears, that’s all I’ll say. I wouldn’t want to spoil it, but this Original qualifies for just about any occasion. Just sit down and press play.

Alright, that’s all for now. I could go on for days and I’m starting to believe I’m obsessed with Netflix. Share this list with your friends and watch some of these Originals if you haven’t already.

Hi! I'm Aliyah, a Senior Business Administration major with a concentration in marketing from PG County, Maryland. I spend my time watching YouTube videos, Netflix and reading books. I love all things storytelling.