Mesmerizing New Project from Breakout R&B Songstress, Sabrina Claudio

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CAU chapter.

In April of 2016, R&B artist Sabrina Claudio independently unveiled her EP, Confidently Lost, on SoundCloud and quickly seduced the world with her sultry and soulful vocals. We can thank her Cuban and Puerto Rican background. In just under six months, the EP quietly accumulated over 3 million cumulative plays. Last Thursday, she blessed us again with the release of her new project, About Time. We didn’t think she could top such a magical project, but just off first listen, it’s evident she did. About Time explores the idea of being in a love so deep that you experience no sense of time, and it’s enchanting to say the least.

The Miami-native built a slight following years back by posting covers on YouTube. In 2015, she went to Twitter to utilize their video features to its fullest potential. She uploaded a series of covers on the popular social media app that each went viral. She then relocated to Los Angeles with her family. This proved to be the best move for her, encouraging a clear confidence in the songstress and motivation to focus on the music. She quickly got into grind mode and dropped Confidently Lost soon after. 

Claudio is currently on a world tour with R&B artist, 6lack (pronounced Black). Just a day before the album release, Claudio also released a remix of her hit single, “Belong to You” featuring her fellow tour mate, 6lack. You can listen to it here. Just 3 days after the project’s release, About Time rose to #1 on the Apple Music R&B Charts.

This project is not to be slept on. About Time is now available on all platforms! Take a listen and let us know what you think of it in the comment section below.

My name is Lexi Zàhra. I'm a 22 year old senior at the esteemed Clark Atlanta University where I major in Mass Media Arts with a concentration in radio, television, & film. My interests are in all things art, most importantly music, poetry, and literature. It's an honor to write for Her Campus CAU and I hope you enjoy my content.