Meet The One And Only Schuyler not “Skylar” Nickleberry

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CAU chapter.

Name: Schuyler Nickleberry

Classification: Freshman

Her Campus: Where are you from?

Schuyler Nickleberry: I’m from Fort Worth, TX…lol it’s not that far from Dallas.

HC: What is your zodiac sign?

S.N: Libra, My birthday passed, it was October 6

HC: What is your major?

S.N: Mass Media Arts with a concentration in Radio/Television/Film, for right now. I’m leaning more towards Radio and TV

HC: What are your career plans for the future?

S.N: I would like to have my own production company (similar to BET), anything dealing with media would be my ideal career. My dad had his own barbershop at age 19 and he was working on his second one, but passed in 2008. He was a businessman so it’s in my blood.

HC: Do you miss anything from home?

S.N: Yes! I was talking to my friend earlier; we’re both from the same area. We were talking about the weather and how it’s so different from back home. It’s a total different scene down here. I miss my friends and home cooked food.

HC: Who are your favorite professional dancers?

S.N: I have a whole bunch! Kaelynn Harris- A lot of people compare our dancing styles. Dominique Battiste, Wildabeast Adams- I’ve actually had a chance to take their dance classes. Parris Goebel- She gives me so much life! Antoine Troupe, and I love Sean Bankhead,

HC: Do you have any secret talents?

S.N: Secret? No, I show all my talents. I wish I could whistle though.

HC: Would you consider yourself to be an introvert or extrovert?

S.N: Extrovert. I used to be an introvert. When I went to a private school I was an introvert, but transferring to a public school brought me out of my shell.

HC: Describe your dream guy. 

S.N: I don’t have a “set” dream guy. Everyone has something different to offer. Whoever you are to me, I feel is perfect. There is no set category.

HC: Well lets talk relationships! Many of our collegiettes and male readers are blown away by your beauty and want to know your relationship status. Are you seeing someone special?

S.N: Talking to someone, he goes here..

HC:  What are your pet peeves?

S.N: I don’t like it when someone talks over me. I dislike when people chew loudly, it’s so weird to me. Another pet peeve, when people don’t voice what they want to say. You are given a voice to speak if you have a certain concern, you should voice it.

HC: Are you a religious person?

S.N: I am more spiritual, than religious. I do believe in God though. I grew up Baptist Christian, but the more I grow up the more I see the conflict in a Baptist church and still trying to find where I fit in. With religion or spirituality you don’t have to fit in; its whatever you make it! I know that we have a Lord and Savior and he is here for us.

HC: What is your favorite Disney Movie?

S.N: The Lion King! Just the first one, haha I haven’t seen the other Lion King films. Oh, also The Princess and the Frog.

HC: What do you think would be the hardest thing for you to give up on?

S.N: Myself. I only have myself.

HC: Are you an early bird or night owl?

S.N: Night Owl, you cannot get me up in the morning!

HC: When you’re not busy with school and dancing, what do you do in your free time?

S.N: I try to find things to do outside the AUC. I went to a workshop this past weekend. Also, shopping at Lenox and Atlantic Station

HC: What is your favorite song right now?

S.N: Caroline by Anime

HC: Who inspires you to stay focused in life?

S.N: My little cousin, Aminah. She’s my first cousin, but I treat her like my little sister. She’s only thirteen, but she is beyond her years and I miss her so much!

HC: What or whom inspires you?

S.N: Everything around me, my peers, and everything going on inspires me to make a change in my life and my community.

HC: Jeans or Leggings?

S.N: Leggings

Follow our girl Schuyler on Social media: Twitter @Schuylerpaigee & Instagram @Schuylerpaige for all things Schuyler!!

Hello! My name is Therecia Lang. I am a sophomore at the illustrious Clark Atlanta University in the popping city of Atlanta, Georgia. My passion is in the Peforming Arts in the areas of acting and dancing. My major is Theatre Arts and I plan to pursue a career as an actor in TV/Film.