Meet Avi Bowden, Class of 2016!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CAU chapter.

Name: Avi Brionna Bowden

Hometown: North Carolina

Major: Fashion Concentration Merchandising

Classification: Graduating Senior

Relationship status: In a relationship

Dream job: Successful dental hygienist and to retire early as an editorial stylist

What inspires you? “Knowing that I’m making my father proud by being the best me. The idea of being successul and wealthy also inspires me because I have big plans for my future and I know that I can make a change.” 

What is your favorite quote? If he brought you to it, he will bring you through it.

Who is your celebrity crush? Michael B. Jordan and Tyson Beckford. Those men are fine!

What is your favorite food?  “I really can’t choose just one, so I’ll say steak and lobster”

What is your favorite color? “Yellow”

Favorite hangout spot: “I hangout everywhere in Atlanta. You can find be at  Prive, the High Museum, Whiskey Park, Prickly Pear, and my personal favorite, Club Woody.”

Why did you choose dental hygienist as a major? “Ever since I was a young girl, my father always raised me to take pirde in my apperance and reminded me that being beautiful and smart were great attributes. He would always take me shopping, like any father would, and he taught me so much about life. He’s the reason I took pride in how well I smile because I knew it was my special accessory to my apperance. After a while, I was obsessed with having the perfect smile and maintaining healthy pearly whites. That’s pretty much it and after graduation I’m going to a dental school to obtain my master’s and then a doctoral degree.”

Tell me a little bit about BirthMark LLC? “BirthMark LLC is my brand I bought as a LLC. It’s my umbrella company which I own and hold the position as the editorial stylist, from wardrobing, scouting and location.”

Describe the perfect student: “A student that gives 110% in everything they strive to accomplish. I specifically think a perfect student is someone who works, while in college and manages to use their resources without slacking behind.”

Seemingly this is your last year and you’ll be graduating soon, what obstacles have you faced along the way? “I’ve faced many obstacles whether it be financial aid, class scheduling, troubles at my jobs, or just a heavy workload of school assignments. I’ve come to realize that it’s important to have self-discipline and to stay focused through everything because it’s easy to get off track and think that being popular will get you places. I know it’s cliche, but remember why you came here and your ultimate goal.”

What advice would you give to our Her Campus readers? “The only advice I would give is learn from others’ mistakes and do better for yourself.”

My name is Brandi Hunter and I am a Sophomore at Clark Atlanta University. I am a Fashion Merchandising Major with aspirations to work for large companies in cities like Atlanta, New York and Los Angeles. I am a fashion and lifestyle blogger along with many hobbies that include doing hair and shopping.
Kayla Antoinette Walker has always been an ambitious and motivated young woman and has always set high standards for herself. She is an aspiring event/wedding coordinator majoring in Business Administration with a concentration in Marketing at the illustrious Clark Atlanta University in Atlanta, GA. She chose to attend Clark Atlanta after graduating Valedictorian of her high school class at Carver High School in Columbus, GA. As a senior, Kayla has a passion for mentoring and wants to bring a sense of pride and empowerment to the women of Clark Atlanta to encourage them to "be fearless in the pursuit of what sets your soul on fire". Kayla says to always be a girl with a mind, a woman with attitude, and a lady with class. Go forth and be great!