This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CAU chapter.

Travel is now starting to open up and everyone is wondering where to go next! Houston is an awesome place to start. Plenty of culture, sights, and most importantly, FOOD. So here are some spots to check out if you visit. 

Restaurants

Turkey Leg Hut

This place is raved about among locals and those that come to visit. They offer specialty turkey legs that are to die for, and other food options as well. The ambiance is awesome and the vibes are just right. A personal favorite on the menu is the lobster Mac and Cheese. This is a must-have while visiting Houston, and you don’t want to miss it! 

La Calle Tacos and Tortas 

La Calle is Definitely a popular inner-city spot in Houston. They serve the viral birria tacos, fresh street corn and more. It is authentic Latin American cuisine with a kick. La Calle was a personal favorite while visiting Houston and had some delicious bites. 

Popsy Munchy 

Popsy Munchy is a food truck that serves Ice cream and snacks. They offer chamoy popsicles, fruit bowls, nachos corn and other snacks. They are delicious and are a great way to cool down and have a great snack in the heat. 

Museums 

Color Factory

The Color Factory is an interactive museum in Houston that is exciting to explore. Each room has a different interactive activity accompanied by fun snacks and plenty of photo ops. Find a cute outfit, grab a camera and head to the museum.

Seismique

Seismique is another interactive museum that is filled with otherworldly sights. It is filled with lights and multiple exciting exhibits in every room. This museum is definitely for the imaginative. 

Shopping 

The Galleria Mall

The Galleria Mall is one of the largest I have ever encountered! It includes luxury stores, a hotel, and even an ice skating rink. The mall has two different entrances and has plenty of shopping for any fellow shopaholics. It is definitely worth a trip.

The Montrose Market 

The Montrose Market is open every Sunday from Twelve to Six. It is filled with vintage finds, original pieces, food, music, and other goods. It is a very great place to find streetwear and unique items. It is a great experience to find clothes and network. There are plenty of hidden gems to be found in The Montrose Market. 

India Rice, 19, is a Mass Media major at the Illustrious Clark Atlanta University.