pang yuhao kd5cxwZOK4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
pang yuhao kd5cxwZOK4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

A Letter to my Freshman Self

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CAU chapter.

Dear Freshman Self,

This is your senior self here and I am writing this letter to you as you will one day grow and mature and eventually view things in the way that I do now. However, as you read this letter, you may not view things as I do right away and that’s totally fine. Growing and maturing takes time and as time goes along you will begin to grow as well as mature. Eventually you will look back and think about things that you once did that you either don’t do anymore or you will question yourself on why you even did it. But as you are going through life just make sure that you always keep in mind the things that are in this letter because when we finally do meet, I would like to hear about your journey as much as I would like to share with you mine.

My first piece of advice to you would be, don’t be in such of a rush to grow up. Enjoy your youngness as much as possible. Take advantage of the things that you have now because there will come a time that you may not have them anymore. My next piece of advice would be to make sure you are as active as you can be. Join as many organizations and clubs that you possibly can. My third piece of advice is to make sure that you stay on top of your work and your grades. The higher your GPA, the more opportunities you will have. Also, apply for scholarships as well. No matter how big or small the amount of money is, be sure to apply. Those scholarships help more than you think they do! My last and final piece of advice is to have fun. While doing all the things that I have mentioned to you, those things will mean nothing if you don’t have fun. Time management is everything so use your time wisely. Always do your work first and then have fun later.

Now I won’t crowd your thoughts or overwhelm you with a lot of things because you still have to learn yourself and find out what works best for you. However, these were the main things that I wanted to touch basis with you on because they are all imperative. If you follow these guidelines, but still remain true to who you are, you shall be successful by your senior year. I have high hopes and expectations of you, but I know you won’t let me down. Congratulations on making it thus far and I hope to see you real soon.

Sincerely,

Your Senior Self

Kayla Antoinette Walker has always been an ambitious and motivated young woman and has always set high standards for herself. She is an aspiring event/wedding coordinator majoring in Business Administration with a concentration in Marketing at the illustrious Clark Atlanta University in Atlanta, GA. She chose to attend Clark Atlanta after graduating Valedictorian of her high school class at Carver High School in Columbus, GA. As a senior, Kayla has a passion for mentoring and wants to bring a sense of pride and empowerment to the women of Clark Atlanta to encourage them to "be fearless in the pursuit of what sets your soul on fire". Kayla says to always be a girl with a mind, a woman with attitude, and a lady with class. Go forth and be great!