This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CAU chapter.

Name: Jasmine Dawson

Hometown: Battle Creek, MI

Major: Fashion Merchandizing & Business Administration

IG&Twitter: @GlamSquadJazz

What inspires me: Inspiring others to be the best them they can be and seeing them actually excel in every avenue of life makes me happy and genuinely inspires me.

Favorite Quote: “My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style.” -Maya Angelou

Favorite Food: Chicken Marsala w/ Mashed potatoes.

Favorite Color: Green

Favorite Hangout Spot: Jeju Sauna.

Why CAU? I chose CAU because of its rich history and it’s ability to instill the spirit of greatness in each and every one of its students.

Organizations on Campus: C.A.B, Panther Diamonds, Admissions Ambassador, & Former Residents Asst.

One Piece Of Advice: No matter what you have gone through and no matter who you used to be, you can still be the author of your story.

What is the name of your company? And what inspired you to start your own business? GlamSquad Enterprises. Growing up around entrepreneurial minds inspired me to be start my own business, and also vitally understanding that if you do not go for your dreams, someone will hire you to make theirs come true.

As a hairstylist and makeup artist what was your best experience working with a customer? My best experience as a cosmetologist working with a customer was doing community service for an urban area shelter. As the woman looked in the mirror to see her hair and makeup she began to cry, and as she was crying, she stated, “I have never felt so beautiful.” And that within itself always reminds me why I am in the business of beauty; it keeps me going.

What was your best experience at CAU thus far? My best experience at CAU thus far was experiencing how the student body could collaboratively come together and focus on the reinstatement of one of our beloved faculty members on campus and actually accomplish our goal.

Where would you be within the next 10 years? Within the next 10 years I will be a highly sought after business mogul with an established full serviced salon ( GlamSquad Beauty Bar & Extensions), boutique (A GlamSquad Boutique) & Non-Profit organization (GlamSquad University.)

Do you have another passion you love doing besides hair and makeup? I have a passion for the community. I enjoy mentoring and allowing God to work through me in the area of urban restoration. 

We loved chatting with Jasmine and getting to know her! Make sure to support her business and be prepared to slay!

Hey everyone, my name is Yasmyne Fisher. I'm currently the President/Co-Campus Correspondent at Clark Atlanta University. I am a graduating senior, majoring in Fashion Design. My passion is writing on what people want to read, whether it is fashion, pop culture, being black in America you name it I love giving my perspective of a college student to readers.