Jalen Loney: Dancer and Choreographer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CAU chapter.

NAME : Jalen Chad Loney

HOMETOWN : Camden, SC

CLASSIFICATION : Junior

MAJOR : Early Childhood Education

IG/TWITTER : @chadloney

ZODIAC SIGN : Taurus

DREAM JOB : Dancer/Choreographer

DREAM DATE : Whenever God thinks I’m ready.

WHAT’S AT THE TOP OF YOUR BUCKET LIST? : To dance background & go on tour with Beyonce.

WHO/WHAT INSPIRES YOU? : Anyone who has the passion for their talent.

ONE THING YOU CAN’T LEAVE THE HOUSE WITHOUT? : MY PHONE! Have to keep up with Kim Kardashian & Blac Chyna!

SHORT-TERM GOALS : Get well known in the dancer world and graduate college.

LONG-TERM GOALS : Provide many dancers with chances that I didn’t have.

FAVORITE QUOTE : Beauty is when you can appreciate yourself. When you love yourself, that’s when you’re most beautiful. – Zoe Kravitz

HOBBIES : Dancing, working out, shopping, community service, swimming

FAVORITE HANGOUT SPOT : I don’t have a favorite spot. As long as I’m around good people that can make me laugh and have a good time

WHY CAU? : CAU was my dream school. I did two years at Benedict College and it was not for me. CAU provided me with some many chances to showcase my talents & also get a great education.

ORGANIZATIONS ON CAMPUS : NONE

SOMETHING NO ONE KNOWS : It’s very hard for me to believe in myself like I should .

ONE PIECE OF ADVICE : If a certain person or situation isn’t being joy, positivity, motivation in your life, LET IT GO! 

WHERE DID YOU PASSION FOR DANCE BEGIN? My passion for dance began when I was about in 8th grade. I always knew how to dance & loved doing it but I didn’t have the passion until 8th grade. The why I gained the passion was because growing up I was always picked on because I was bigger, had bad skin & I was gay. When I danced I would always shock people because they didn’t think a big boy could move the way I could. Dancing is the thing that made all the negative things people would say go away.

HAVE YOU CHOREOGRAPHED FOR AN EVENT SINCE YOU’VE BEEN AT CAU OR ATLANTA IN GENERAL? I have assisted choreographing Miss CAU Coronation 2015-2016, AUC Royal Showcase 2015

THOUGHTS ON KOBE BRYANT RETIRING : Kobe Bryant is one of my favorite basketball players. I did not want him to retire until he won another ring, but he has served many years in the NBA & has already become a legend.

HOW WAS YOUR EXPERIENCE DANCING AT THE MISS CAU PAGAENT? My experienced dancing in the Miss CAU Pageant was very good. Everything was different this time around, but it turned out well. 

DESCRIBE YOUR STYLE IN THREE WORDS : Unforgettable, Creative , Different

YOU RECENTLY PERFORMED AT THE ROYAL COURT’S FIRST ANNUAL LIP SYNC, WHAT WAS YOUR PERFORMANCE AND WHAT MADE YOU DO IT? Beyonce – Crazy In Love. The reason why I choose to do this was because Beyoncé concert starts soon & it’s a classic performance that never gets old.

TOP 5 SONGS ON PLAYLIST CURRENTLY : Gosh this is so hard. Lol. Johnni Blaze – Love Me, Mary Mary – Go Get It, Beyonce – XO, J Cole – Love Yourz, Michael Jackson – Man In The Mirror

WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING TO THE MOST FOR SUMMER SIXTEEN?  Continue to lose weight & get it the best shape, dance more & get my name out there

WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE CLOTHING ITEM IN YOUR CLOSET? : I can’t just choose one item because I LOVE MY CLOTHES! So Im going to have to say EVERYTHING!!!!!!

BIGGEST CHALLENGE IN COLLEGE : None. I pretty much can handle many things. Plus I believe in hard work & getting the job done. With having two jobs I still didn’t face challenges.

FAVORITE SEASON OF THE YEAR : Spring

WHERE DO YOU SEE YOURSELF IN 10 YEARS? I will have my own dancer studio, own tv show, own dance productions, touring with many performances, mentoring & teaching kids

Hey everyone, my name is Yasmyne Fisher. I'm currently the President/Co-Campus Correspondent at Clark Atlanta University. I am a graduating senior, majoring in Fashion Design. My passion is writing on what people want to read, whether it is fashion, pop culture, being black in America you name it I love giving my perspective of a college student to readers.