Introducing…. William Burnette!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CAU chapter.

Hey HerCampus Babes! Take a look at the conversation I had with The William Burnette!

H.C ~ So your a senior? You have been very much involved at CAU how does it feel knowing that this time next year is gonna be a new chapter?

I’m looking forward to it. The four years have gone by quick but when I look at it, its like wow I did all this stuff. So honestly I’m looking forward to it. I think the goal is to take what you learn and take it into the next chapter. I’m definitely ready for that.

H.C ~ What are some organizations and positions you have under your belt?

Collegiate 100 (president), Alpha Phi Alpha fraternity (vice president), I was the vice president of the Honors Program, Co-Chair to the Orientation Guides, and president of Phi Beta Lambda. There’s more, but I’ll leave it at that *laughs

H.C ~ I bet your family is really proud of you?

Yeah they are! They just want me to graduate.

H.C ~ And now your an Alpha! How does it feel to be be apart of a brotherhood?

It definitely feels great. It’s been something I wanted to do  for a long time.  Especially when I came here the Alphas weren’t on the yard. It feels good to bring that back. And add to the legacy of Alpha Phi.

H.C ~ What are some perks about being in a fraternity?

More work *laughs! I mean every organization has its perks, but honestly for me, it’s all about service.

H.C ~ So you play the saxophone. What age did you start playing? What made you choose that instrument?

When I twelve years old. I was inspired by my God brother. He played the drums, but he was in the marching band for Florida A&M. When my dad graduated from FAMU, we would always go to their homecoming. So one of my favorite memories is watching the band play. And I always gravitated towards the saxophone. I wanna play it professionally but I just to get to the point where I’m good enough.

H.C ~ What are some great things going on in your life? 

I had a chance to attend national sells network career fair…I’m expecting great things. I really want to make sure I get the job openings that I want. Then I’ll be set. I just need to focus and finish out the last year.

H.C ~ Would you stay in Atlanta after graduation?

My family is from Warner Robins, Georgia. I’m open to either or. As for as settling down I could see myself in Atlanta. It’s still a growing, but still a large city. – I would love to get out of Atlanta, but depending on the program I am in because I want to get into law school

H.C ~ Aside from CAU and the organizations etc, what is a typical day for Will? What are you doing in your free time?

I’m kinda kickin it around the student center, choppin it up and havin fun.

H.C ~ Are you single? What do you look for in a woman?

Yes I am single. Let me write this down to make sure I don’t miss anything *laughs. Lets see- Honesty, communication, great sense of humor, and beautiful on inside and out. Maybe I can find a Clark Atlanta woman *laughs

H.C ~ What words of encouragement would you like to leave with the viewers?

The sky is the limit! You can do whatever you set your mind to and if something doesn’t work in your favor something better is around the corner.

————————————————————————————

H.C ~ Last thing, why do your friends always call your name in a high pitch voice?

(William’s friend Elisha answers)  Its mimicking the way girls say his name *laughs

Hello! My name is Therecia Lang. I am a sophomore at the illustrious Clark Atlanta University in the popping city of Atlanta, Georgia. My passion is in the Peforming Arts in the areas of acting and dancing. My major is Theatre Arts and I plan to pursue a career as an actor in TV/Film.