How to Get Through Midterms!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CAU chapter.

The time has now arisen, and midterms are finally here. I know this time can be rather stressful and overwhelming. However, there is no need to worry, for there is a way to make midterms work in your favor. Check out these tips to get you through your exams.

Plan

Planning is the one of the biggest things to do in preparation for exams. This is so that you know what to study for, what days your exams are on, and if there is anything else you need to get done to pass your exams. Use a planner religiously, remember your testing dates, and stay in the know.

Study

Studying is another huge part of midterms. This may sound easier said than done; however, if you really buckle down and get to it, it can be easy. Look at your notes constantly and commit them to memory. Quizlet, repetition, and speaking aloud are all ways to remember notes. Also find a group of people to help you study. Quizzing one another and holding each other accountable can be key in passing your midterms.

Get Adequate Rest

Your body will not function properly for your midterm week if you do not get adequate rest. Resting is how your body resets and gets energy. Try napping in between classes, going to sleep a little earlier, and not overexerting yourself. The last thing you want to do is be exhausted during exam week.

Eliminate Distractions

Distractions are everywhere, so it can be difficult to avoid them. However, it is beneficial to leave them alone. Whether it be parties, phones, or people these things must be avoided. If not avoided, then definitely mitigated. Try to go a whole study session without looking at your phone or try doing all your work before partying. Most importantly, do whatever you have to do to pass your exams.

Seek Help or Resources for Extra Help

If your midterm is in a class or subject that is rather difficult reach out for help. Attend your teacher’s office hours, phone a friend, and use GOOGLE. Do not be afraid to reach out for help.

Be confident in yourself

Confidence may sound like a silly concept when it comes to test taking. However, if you are not confident in your work then it may suffer. Try going into your midterm with the mindset that you will pass, and that you know the information on your test. Believe in yourself.

Reward yourself

At the end of your exams, remember to reward yourself. No matter how the week ends try to relax. Allot time to do what you want and give yourself a mental break. What you do Is up to you; however, try to leave the books behind and do you!

Midterms can be scary, especially if you are not prepared. However, it is important to devise a way to get through them. You must be your biggest advocate and remember what you’re doing it all for. This is your time to let your smarts shine through and do your best!

India Rice, 19, is a Mass Media major at the Illustrious Clark Atlanta University.