Halle Betts, Miss Omega Psi Phi 2015-2016!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CAU chapter.

Meet Miss Omega Psi Phi, Halle Betts 

Name: Halle Shana Betts

Hometown: Chicago, IL 

Major: Business Administration

IG/Twitter: @hittahalz

Relationship Status: Taken 

Turnons/Turnoffs: Turn-ons: Sense of Humor/ Great Personality, Goal Orientate, Honest, Smells Good and Handsome of course. Turn-offs: Disrespectful, Lack of Ambition, Insecure, & Lying.

Dream Job: My dream job is to open my own homeless shelter on the South Side of Chicago.

Dream Date: I really don’t have a “dream date”. Any date where we can have a great conversation is perfect to me. I’m not the type to say my dream date is to have lunch on a blanket in the middle of the park or dinner and a movie. It sounds so boring and cliché. My dream date is a mixture of romance, fun, and learning something new about each other. Building a bond is very important.

What’s at the top of your bucket list? I’ve always wanted to go to Egypt and see Africa in its earliest form. Many people don’t know that people of African descent were the first on the planet. I really enjoy history and learning new facts about my people. I believe that would be such a beautiful experience.

What/Who inspires you? My mother inspires me the most. She is such a hard-worker and her level of determination is through the roof. She inspires me to reach for the stars and never settle for less. She always tells me “Good, Better, Betts”. My mother is currently obtaining her Doctorate of Philosophy in Community Psychology and I can’t wait to call her Dr. Tonya Roberson!

One thing you can’t leave the house without: My phone, sadly.

Short Term Goals: My short term goal is to be the best Miss Omega Psi Phi I can be. I would like to implement many health initiatives on campus and graduate May 2017 with at least a 3.5 GPA.

Long Term Goal: My long time goal is to pursue my MBA in Healthcare. Next, I want to become a CEO of a hospital. After I have saved my money, I plan on opening my own homeless shelter on the South Side of Chicago.

Celebrity Crush: Christopher Maurice Brown 

Favorite Quote: “…If you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can move mountains.”

Favorite Food: I honestly don’t have one. I love all food, if it tastes good period. I don’t discriminate.

Favorite Color: Purple & Blue

Hobbies: I really enjoy dancing and being around people that care about me.

Why did you choose CAU? “Why not CAU?” would actually be a better question. CAU is filled with so much history. They have a great business program & networking opportunities. Not to mention, I also wanted to attend a HBCU.

What organizations are you involved in on campus: Freshman year I strolled for the CAU Suites Stroll Team (We won first place, 2 0 0 5 Suiteeee Life!). Since freshman year, I’ve dedicated every year to help with the team. I’ve also been involved in multiple dance productions throughout the AUC such as A Night in Harlem, Art After Dark, Miss CAU Pageant and many more. I currently serve as Miss Omega Psi Phi 2015-2016 for the best chapter I know, Beta Psi!

Something no one knows: I sleep with my eyes open at times.

One piece of advice: Do whatever makes you happy and become one within yourself. Also, always pray. It would keep you sane.

If you could take only 3 items to a deserted island, what would those items be? I would bring a phone with reliable service, boat, and a friend.

If you could have one superpower, what would it be? If I could have one superpower I would want to have the ability to fly. I would never have to drive anymore and I could save money. No more money will be spent on gas, insurance, car notes, or anything.

What makes you the happiest? I am the happiest when I am surrounded with positivity. I have great friends and family that always make me feel warm inside.

What is the best concert you have ever been to? I’ve only been to one concert in my life. I went to see Chris Brown when I was 13 and had the opportunity to go backstage. That will always be considered the best moment in my life period.

What is your favorite holiday & why? My favorite holiday is the 4th of July. This is my favorite holiday because all of my family comes together every year. We eat, pop fireworks, laugh, and overall enjoy each others company.

My name is Yasmine Washington. I am a Reporter/Writer for Her Campus CAU. I am a sophomore at Clark Atlanta University, Business Management major. I am absolutely in LOVE with puppies and my favorite color is PINK, duhhh.