emma matthews digital content production rG00RzNTRhc unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
emma matthews digital content production rG00RzNTRhc unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Galentine’s Day: Valentine’s Day with Your BFFs

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CAU chapter.

Valentines or Single’s Awareness Day is viewed as a day catered to a person’s romantic life. However, we should take the time to appreciate the ones who truly love us. The ones you don’t have to impress because, they’ve seen you at your worst. The ones who will act a fool with you. The ones that answer phone calls at 3am when you’re in your feelings. The Bonnie to your Clyde. Your BFFs! Here are ways to conquer Valentine’s Day with your “A Team!”

When in doubt movie night will work it out! Every year new movies are released on Valentine’s Day and it’s not always a romantic love film. If you’d rather stay away from the theaters, host movie night at your house! Invite all your girlfriends and view your favorite film. To add a sexy twist, make lingerie the attire, pop some popcorn, and sip your wine!

What a wonderful time to express your love through creativity! Capture the many marvelous moments you’ve shared with your BFF by composing a scrapbook. For the cuisine aspect of artistry, decorate your favorite desert or make fondue. Sweets for your sweetie (bestie)!

The number one commodity that brings the world together, FOOD! Put your heart in soul into cultivating your ultimate dish. Have a Valentine’s Day Banquet honoring the many years of friendship to come.  

Use this day for some R&R. Schedule an appointment at the best spa in town and have a girls pamper day! You definitely deserve to treat yourself for all your hard work.  Especially from dealing with these no good boys!

Put on your fiercest outfits and step out like the baddies you are! Enjoy a night on the town. Indulge in dancing, wine tasting, or a local karaoke joint! Live your life adventurous, carefree, and wild (not too wild) with no men around.

Gifts that give back! Helping others always spreads love. Spend your time volunteering. Create cards and teddy bears to pass out at the children’s hospital or nursing home in your area.

Last but not least, organize a gift exchange! Buy your BFF balloons, flowers, and chocolate. Arrange a time to present your cheesy gifts to each other. Who knows you better than your bestfriend? You’ll be sure to love the gift she gives you!