This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CAU chapter.

This past weekend I was able to visit Miami. The city is not only beautiful, but it is also a food mecca. While visiting, I was able to indulge in a few restaurants, and I loved every bit of it. So, if you’re looking for some places to hit up while you’re in Miami you’re in luck. Here are a few awesome restaurants to try, and I absolutely approve.

Lil Greenhouse Grill– 1300 NW 3rd Ave Miami, FL 33136.

This Black-owned restaurant is an awesome source of soul food and comfort. There are a plethora of options on the menu to choose from. Some options are vegan, seafood and even weight watchers’ favorites. I promise you will not be disappointed. Lil Green House served up plenty of delicious feel-good food that had me talking for days! My favorite is the “Bang Bang Shrimp” with wild rice and cabbage

Mr. Kream Wynwood– 2322 North Miami Avenue, Miami, FL 33127.

Located in the artsy Wynwood area, Mr. Kream is an awesome treat. Mr.Kream is also POC-owned and regularly gives back to the community. The ice cream parlor is decked out in plenty of hip-hop references, music, and FLAVORS. The Ice cream flavors pay homage to many rap legends, and they are delicious. Flavors like “Wu Kream,” “Bonita Apple Pie” and “Gucci Lemonade” all live up to their iconic names. Mr. Kream was a definite favorite. This is a must-have. My favorite flavor definitely had to be “Wu Kream.”

IKrave- 4799 NW 7th Ave, Miami, FL 33127

I found IKrave after seeing a Tik Tok on their Red Velvet waffles. This restaurant is Black-owned, affordable, and extremely delicious. I went during breakfast, and they are creative with their menu. They offer a fun twist on ordinary breakfast items. Aside from breakfast, they have great brunch, lunch, and dinner. This restaurant lives up to the hype and definitely should not be slept on. My favorite meal was the “Oxtails and Gritts.”

The Lobster Shack- 40 South Pointe Drive Miami, FL 33139. 

The Lobster shack was delicious. There were fried, grilled, broiled, and even raw meals to choose from. I absolutely loved their spicy lobster roll with oysters and French fries. I couldn’t have enjoyed my meal more.

Next time you’re in Miami, make sure to try some of these restaurants. If you can’t try making a list of your own! I definitely was able to see all that Miami’s meals were about and was extremely pleased. Miami has a plethora of food that makes you never want to leave.

India Rice, 19, is a Mass Media major at the Illustrious Clark Atlanta University.