Donte Thrasher, Class of 2016!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CAU chapter.

Her Campus CAU welcomes Donte’ Thrasher. Enjoy this interview as we get to know 

a bit more about him. You won’t want to skip out on this!

Name: Donte’ Thrasher

Hometown: Hampton, Georgia 

Major: Criminal Justice Administration 

IG/Twitter: @DLTHRASHER (No Twitter)

Her Campus CAU: What’s your current relationship status?

Thrasher: I’m single! I’ve met the woman of my dreams, but just because someone is made for you doesn’t mean you’re made for them and just because two people love each other doesn’t mean they belong together. Who knows maybe one day in the near future we’ll link back up, or maybe we won’t.  

Her Campus CAU: What about your turn ons and turn offs?

Thrasher: Turn on’s- Intelligence, open-mindedness, beautiful eyes, beautiful lips, a beautiful smile and a beautiful soul. Turn offs- Idiocy, close-mindedness, and cigarette smoking. 

Her Campus CAU: What would you consider your dream job?

Thrasher: I aspire to become an International Lawyer.

Her Campus CAU: Dream date?

Thrasher: Now I’m not wealthy yet but this is how a dream date with my dream woman will go when I get there. First I’ll pull up on her around 9 am and surprise her with some breakfast. After she eats, she’ll get dressed and I’ll take her out shopping somewhere. I’ll make sure she gets whatever she wants, next we’ll probably grab a quick lunch at her favorite spot, maybe even grab some ice cream. Once our bellies are full we’ll head downtown to see a play. After the plays over I’ll take her home real quick and let her change into her new outfit. When she’s dressed we’ll catch a 8 o’clock movie at the local theater, then head to a nice little jazz club where we can listen to some good music and grab some dinner. By that time it’ll be around midnight so it would be up to her what we do next.

Her Campus CAU: What is at the top of your bucket list?

Thrasher: I want to touchdown on all 7 continents on Earth before I kick the bucket, Antarctica included.  

Her Campus CAU: Who inspires you?

Thrasher: My mother inspires me, she isn’t just my mom she’s my advisor. I’m not perfect and I make mistakes all the time but I know that my mom will always be there supporting me and offering wisdom along the way. She Is my driving force, the fire that ignites the engine that keeps me moving when I want to give up and the main reason I’ve made it this far.  

Her Campus CAU: Tell us something no one knows about.

Thrasher:  I have a ring that was given to me by someone very special to me. Even though it wasn’t theirs to give, the ring reminds me of good times, but also why we aren’t together and makes me want to become a better man. If it’s not on my pinky when I leave the house I panic, kind of sad but there you go.

Her Campus CAU: Short term goals?

Thrasher: To graduate of course and either get accepted to the University of Chicago or get job working as a Legal assistant.  

Her Campus CAU: Long term goals?

Thrasher: To leave an everlasting impression on the world in such a way that changes it forever. 

Her Campus CAU: Who is your Celebrity crush?

Thrasher: Kat Graham, lawd!   

Her Campus CAU: One of your favorite quotes?

Thrasher: “It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles”

Her Campus CAU: Favorite color?

Thrasher: Orange, preferably Burnt Orange but plain Orange is cool too.

HerCampus: What do your hobbies consist of?

Thrasher: Reading, Writing, Poetry, Meditation, and Turning up.

Her Campus CAU: Favorite hang out spot?

Thrasher: The Promenade on a sunny day, my crib on a rainy day.  

Her Campus CAU: Why CAU?

Thrasher: Coming out of high school I wasn’t trying to go to school. I was in the process of enlisting in the Marine Corp. My Uncle Mike is a Clark College Grad and he convinced me to apply, next thing I knew I was accepted. I love CAU, I love my fellow Panthers, and as an alumnus I’ll make sure that CAU gets to where it needs to be to stay competitive in the future.  

Her Campus CAU: Any organizations on campus?

Thrasher: I’m in the Honors Program and the Orientation Guide Corp. I serve as the Parliamentarian for both National Association of Blacks in Criminal Justice and Collegiate 100. I also serve as the SGA Undergraduate Chief of Staff and as President of Alpha Kappa Mu Honor Society.  

Her Campus CAU: Favorite food?

Thrasher: I love waffles!

Her Campus CAU: One piece of advice? 

Thrasher: Live in the moment, but keep the future in mind.

Her Campus CAU: Horror movies or comedy?

Thrasher: Horror movies, they make me think little, and I love a good scare. 

Her Campus CAU: Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

Thrasher: In five years I will be graduating law school and starting my law career.

Her Campus CAU: That one song that describes you best?

Thrasher: Soul Rebel by Bob Marley featuring Lee Scratch Perry

Her Campus CAU: What is your #1 pet peeve?

Thrasher: Greed! It’s one of the reasons why the human race hasn’t reached its potential. 

Her Campus CAU: Explain your IG bio. “Live towards death and embrace it.”

Thrasher: Throughout my studies I learned that often times we don’t live our lives to the fullest because we are preoccupied with the occult or the unknown. When I stopped fearing death, how I was I gonna die, when I was going to die, I started to live life to the fullest. Instead of living a life so obsessed with attaining immortality or remaining young forever I embrace the fact that I can die at any moment. Im not afraid to die, I live to die.

Her Campus would like to thank Donte’ Thrasher for letting us get to know him a little more. We enjoyed interviewing you!

Hello! My name is Kyra Beasley. I am from Corpus Christi, Texas; raised in Houston, Texas. I am also a Clark Atlanta University Business student with a concentration in marketing and a minor in fashion merchandising. Hoping to make connections with all women. Recently, I have joined the "HerCampusCau" Chapter editorial team, which I'm so excited to be apart of. With that being said, I will now be able cover events, address controversy issues on campus, and give out great feedback and or advice.