sharon mccutcheon Ru 7if4siHA unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
sharon mccutcheon Ru 7if4siHA unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Charisma & Kelvin, A Power Couple Lending a Helping Hand

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CAU chapter.

Names: Charisma Lowe & Kelvin McNeill

Hometowns: Brooklyn, New York & New York, New York

Majors: Fashion Merchandising & Mass Media Arts

IGs/ Twitters: @themelaninaire & @mr.wuuuuu

How long have you been in this relationship? Since October 4th, 2015

Where did you go on your first date? Our first date was at Highland Park in New York

Is it hard being in a relationship while in college and why or why not?

Charisma – I don’t think its hard at all being in a relationship while in college. Its a common misconception that relationships are restrictions on your freedom, but I personally have always been pro relationship.

Kelvin – No, it is not hard being in a relationship while in college. If we, as collegiate students, are gonna be worried about there being “too much fish in the sea,” we would probably always find it hard because options are basically inevitable. If one likes someone that much, s/he can make that commitment.

What are some qualities that you admire about your significant other?

Charisma – I admire his honesty, loyalty, and the fact that its NEVER a dull moment between the two of us.

Kelvin – Some qualities I admire about my girl would be that she’s caring for others, diligent, and passionate.

What is key in your relationship? Communication is a MAJOR KEY

Advice to other couples?

Charisma – Be your own relationship goals.

Kelvin – I guess some advice would be to give each other space. Let your boyfriend or girlfriend get the chance to miss you.

Who is more likely to…

Text first – We’re both likely to text each other first

Start an argument – Charisma is more likely to start an argument

Show more emotion – Charisma! Lol

Where did you guys first meet at and what attracted you two towards each other in that moment?

Charisma – We actually met through the NAACP. I had the hugest crush on him from the day I met him! Lol. What attracted me to him was his sense of style and his wit.

Kelvin – We met through being involved with NAACP. I was attracted to her, but I was oblivious to that fact that she actually liked me. You know us guys, especially me, can be a little off with things. Haha.

Name one thing that you find annoying about each other?

Charisma – One thing I find annoying is when he tells me no! Lol

Kelvin – No comment! Lol

Who wears the pants in the relationship? Kelvin!

What do you like/love most about each other and why?

Charisma – I love the fact that he brings out the best in me.

Kelvin – Substance. When I look at her, I see more than looks.

Hello! My name is Kyra Beasley. I am from Corpus Christi, Texas; raised in Houston, Texas. I am also a Clark Atlanta University Business student with a concentration in marketing and a minor in fashion merchandising. Hoping to make connections with all women. Recently, I have joined the "HerCampusCau" Chapter editorial team, which I'm so excited to be apart of. With that being said, I will now be able cover events, address controversy issues on campus, and give out great feedback and or advice.
Kayla Antoinette Walker has always been an ambitious and motivated young woman and has always set high standards for herself. She is an aspiring event/wedding coordinator majoring in Business Administration with a concentration in Marketing at the illustrious Clark Atlanta University in Atlanta, GA. She chose to attend Clark Atlanta after graduating Valedictorian of her high school class at Carver High School in Columbus, GA. As a senior, Kayla has a passion for mentoring and wants to bring a sense of pride and empowerment to the women of Clark Atlanta to encourage them to "be fearless in the pursuit of what sets your soul on fire". Kayla says to always be a girl with a mind, a woman with attitude, and a lady with class. Go forth and be great!