Career

CAU Takes Her Conference

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CAU chapter.

What is Her Conference? It is easy to answer by simply saying it is a networking event for Her Campus contributors. However, to an actual Her Campus contributor, it is much more than a networking event. Her Conference could be the door that opens up someone’s career. Yes, of course, college women come together to network, but they also come to jump start their careers. Her Conference is an event that brings the digital network of Her Campus to life. Oftentimes, Her Conference attendees leave with a number of beneficial contacts. These contacts often result in full-time jobs and internships. Her Conference can actually be the gateway to change a contributor’s life forever by starting their career. Her Conference connects its community with leaders within the media industry such as Editors-in-Chief, actors, and entrepreneurs. Not only are contributors connected with these leaders, but they are also given the amazing opportunity to learn how to be successful in their field. Apart from the learning experience and connections that come from Her Conference, attendees also receive access to the hottest brands. Her Conference is one of the many beneficial steps of getting into the industry and an absolutely amazing opportunity. 

It would be an honor to attend Her Conference. I would love to attend Her Conference because I am an avid, enthusiastic learner. I often take any opportunity I receive to better myself or enhance my craft. I feel as though learning in any aspect is beneficial. I would especially love to attend Her Conference because it is not only a way to benefit myself, but I will learn things that will help me exceed in my field. Her Conference is also an amazing opportunity to network and, in some cases, improve networking skills. Networking is extremely important to college students. By attending Her Conference, I will not only learn the importance of networking from leaders, but I will also get a chance to learn the importance of networking and how to network from my peers. 

It would also be great honor to attend Her Conference because it would jump start my career within the media field. I am an aspiring entertainment broadcasting journalist, and I do my best to take any crucial steps I can towards my career. It is my goal to share the stories of those who inspire us today such as musical artists, actors, authors, athletes, and many more. My main goal in life is to highlight the positive aspects of our society and hopefully be a light to others while doing so. Her Conference will give me the network I need in order to live out this dream. I would also like to be an attendee of Her Conference because it is important for Her Campus to have more black representation. There are many amazing upcoming black journalists; however, they are under-represented within the industry. Due to under representation, black journalists are not given the opportunity to change the narratives for black people. If I attended Her Conference, I would be given access to the tools I need to enter into the world of journalism. With that being said, I will be one step closer to changing the narrative for my people and writing our story as it should be. Her Conference is a spectacular event, and it would be my great honor to be an attendee. 

All gifs provided by giphy.com

Hey guys! I am Sydney Jones,I am a freshman Mass Media Arts major at Clark Atlanta University. I am from the Grind City, also known as, Memphis, Tennesee. On a regular day, you can find me singing my heart out to old Disney movies and TV shows. I am a radio, television, and film concentration, but I love to write in order to share my stories along with other people's stories. Feel free to connect with me through social media and enjoy!