danielle macinnes IuLgi9PWETU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
danielle macinnes IuLgi9PWETU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Cassidy Moore, Class of 2019!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CAU chapter.

Name: Cassidy Moore

Hometown: Miami, Florida

Major: Fashion Merchandsing 

Classifcation: Sophomore 

IG: cassidy.chanel

Zodiac sign: Gemini

What are some ways you express yourself? My hair, I change it every couple of months. Also the way I dress, I take pride in it and that started from my mom. She’s had every single hair color and she’s into fashion, so that overall inspired me. 

What celebrity would you love to spend a day with and why? I love Beyonce, but it would have to be Rihanna. She seems like a really fun person to hang out with. Like, when she’s with her friends she’s normal and knows how to have fun.

Pick 3 words that describe your personality. Bubbly because I’m really goofy. Also I’m fun and I try to be happy all the time, so happy too.

How would you describe your style? My style depends on my mood, I’m a gemini so whatever I’m feeling that day, that’s how I dress. I used to wear a lot of greys but now that I have blond hair I wear more colors. I try to change it up a bit and not to stick to one type. I would also say that I’m edgy. I wear high heels a lot and it’s great because I work at Steve Madden and I’m able to see all the new heels.

Favorite childhood movie? Why? I actually love musicals, I went to a performing arts school and did a lot with theater and dance. But I would have to say Cinderella with Brandy. I love Whitney Houston and Brandy is such an amazing singer and also of course because she’s a black girl. It was cool to see a different Disney princess that wasn’t white.

What makes you feel at peace? Why? I like to do yoga and I’m a dancer. I like stretching a lot, but I took some time off from dance so I make sure I do yoga to keep my flexibility. I do that every other day because recently work and school have been taking up more of my time.  

Tell me about your biggest achievement. I haven’t achieved it yet. I want to have my own lingerie and bikini line. I’m working on it right now and I’m working on my bath suit line to be launched in the upcoming summer. I want to be different and specific so it’s taking a long time right now. I have a goal set to have something out by the end of the year. 

Your most replayed song in your playlist is? Young M.A, Ooouuu! Ever since I heard that song I have not been able to stop playing it. “I’m pretty but I’m loco” is like my caption for everything. It’s definitely my hype song. 

What song do you know most of the lyrics to? Resentment by Beyonce! I know all her songs by heart and I love Dream Girls. The song, It’s All Over is another one. Me and my roommates sing the whole song back to back all the time.

Beyonce concert, front row seats and backstage access or shaking the President’s hand at an event? Beyonce! Oh my gosh, and backstage!!

If you could only say one word for a day what would it be? Literally. I use that a lot.

Why did you choose CAU? I choose CAU because my mom moved from Miami to Atlanta and this was the school closer to her. I wasn’t trying to come to ATL at all, I was going to stay in Miami or go to NY for dance, but she wanted me to be closer to her. So I applied and got in and I’m here! I also didn’t think about going to an HBCU but I’m glad I’m here because I becoming more aware of things I didn’t know before. During my freshman year I wasn’t active or really into Clark at all but this year so far has been a lot better for me. The people I’ve been around, like my roommates they’re amazing, and it’s crazy because we just met and we’re already so close. I’ve been given a lot of opportunities and have been putting myself out there as well, which has helped my overall experience. 

What would you tell your 16 year old self now? To never get a boyfriend, I didn’t get my first boyfriend till 18 and they will really mess you up. But, I’m single now and working on myself. So never get a boyfriend and stay focused and don’t stop dancing.

What celebrity do you feel like most represents you? Rihanna, because people look at her and think she’s stuck up or snobby and that’s just like me. I have a big heart like her and I’m always smiling. Also my style, I try to stand out with my hair, clothes and shoes.

What does the American Dream mean to you? The way I was brought up I wasn’t very close to my family, so I really want a big family and a bunch of kids. I would also love a big ole house and I just want to be successful. My idea of wealth is a big family, big house and being comfortable.

Thank you Cassidy for allowing Her Campus CAU to interview you!

-HCXO

Brie Black is a sophomore at Georgia State University, majoring in Journalism. Coming from Farmington Hills, MI, Brie enjoys a good book, spoken word, working out and studying God's word. Nothing can stop Brie from reaching her goals, her ambition and strong relationship with God keeps her willing to create the best content for her readers and make it as an editor-in-chief of her future magazine line. Along with being a writer and blogger, Brie is apart of Pretty Girls Sweat and Pinky Promise. You can keep up with Brie on all social media platforms @allthingsbrie and LinkedIn.