Cailan Sandusky, Class of 2017!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CAU chapter.

Name: Cailan Tacha Sandusky

Hometown: Lexington, Kentucky

Major: Mass Media Arts

IG: Cailan_tacha

Twitter: cailantacha

Zodiac sign: Sagittarius

You may know her as the quirky, intelligent, beautiful MMA student, but did you know she’s well on her way of becoming the next big filmaker in Hollywood? Get a closer look into the life of Miss Calilan Sandusky below and rady why we chose her as our Profile Pick of the Week.

What inspires you? To help people learn about God and use my career platform to tell stories to help inspire other people.

One thing you can’t leave the house without? My cellphone

Short-term goals: My short-term goals are to graduate college with a 3.6 gpa or higher, work in my field as an actress, screenwriter, or producer after graduation and just continue to do my best.

Long-term goals: Make a short-film about issues that are positive in the black community and telling stories about the power of the Lord.

Favorite quote: “ Whoever controls the media, controls the mind”, stated by Jim Morrison

Favorite food: Chicken and Waffles

Favorite color: Yellow

Hobbies: Reading, listening to positive music, hanging out with family and friends, perfecting my craft and mediating on the Lord’s word. 

Favorite hangout spot: The Honors trailer when I’m on campus

Why CAU?  I chose CAU because I wanted to attend a school where I could learn more about black history, while being taught by black professors, and because my major was ranked high for a media program.

Organizations on campus: Intervarsity AUC, Isabella T. Jenkins Honors Program, Golden Key International Honors Society, Theta Tau Chapter, Lambda Pi Eta Communication Honor Society

One piece of advice: To never give up on your dreams, because everyone’s story is different. Always remain humble, positive, and never get to comfortable.

Where do you see yourself in the next 10 years? Whatever Gods will is for me but if I could predict it would be to have gotten my masters degree, acted in a feature film, wrote at least two featured films, and honestly learning from all of my mistakes and being a better person than I was yesterday.

Favorite season: Fall

What’s your favorite holiday?  My favorite holiday is Christmas because I enjoy seeing all of my family together for the holidays and to celebrate the birth of Christ.

Do you have any siblings? Yes I have four.

Hello! My name is Sydney Coffee and I am from Tampa, FL. Currently, I am a senior, Mass Media Arts Major at the illustrious Clark Atlanta University. When I graduate, I would like to further my education at the University of Southern California. I would one day like to become an anchor for E! News, and also have my own cosmetics line .