Bryson Hudgins-Owens, Agent of Change

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CAU chapter.

Celebrities are seen all over Hollywood, the streets of New York and in the world’s most popular cities! Here is Clark Atlanta’s newest Campus Celebrity, Bryson! Continue reading for more on this week’s celebrity.

Name: Bryson Hudgins-Owens

Hometown: Detroit, MI

Major: Business Administration with a concentration in Supply Chain Management

IG: @Brysonh23

Twitter: @Mr_BHudgins

What inspires you? “I get my inspiration from wanting to defy the statistics that are placed on people who grow up in conditions like mine. I have something to prove. Reaching back and helping those behind me the way that I had men who looked out for me when I needed it also inspires me.”

One thing you can’t leave the house without? “I can never leave my house without my confidence.”

What are some of your short-term goals? “My short term goal is to graduate!”

Long-term? “My long term goal is to settle in my career and begin working on my personal entrepreneurial business moves.”

What is your favorite quote? “My favorite quote is, “All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recessed of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes to make them possible.” -T.E. Lawrence”

What is your favorite food?  Salmon

Favorite color?  Black! But I also like Gray LOL. Both!

What are some of your hobbies?  Hanging out with friends, playing baseball or basketball and sneakers!

Favorite hangout spot? Little 5 Points

Why CAU? “I never wanted to go to an HBCU but ended up at CAU on a whim. I didn’t get into my school of choice (UNC Chapel Hill), but CAU sent me a scholarship, so I came to orientation. What sealed the deal for me were the Orientation Guides, or OGs. They made CAU feel like home, and I was sold immediately. There is truly “No place in the world like Clark At-lan-ta!”

Are you apart of any organizations on campus? “Isabella T. Jenkins Honors Program, Collegiate 100, Men’s Initiative Program (MIP),  Suppy Chain Club, HCASC Academic Team, Pre-Alumni Council, and was previously on the 2014-2015 Man of the Year court.”

One piece of advice that you have for our fellow Her Campus readers? “Never let circumstances dictate your outcome negatively. Resilient Individuals Overcome Trials, so if you get knocked down 10 times, you’d better get back up and prepare for number 11 should it ever come. Also, never be stingy with what you have. Be giving, and you will never go without.”

Congrats are in order to Bryson. Keep being awesome and staying positive! 

Thanks for reading! Check back next week for a new Campus Celebrity! 

My name is Brandi Hunter and I am a Sophomore at Clark Atlanta University. I am a Fashion Merchandising Major with aspirations to work for large companies in cities like Atlanta, New York and Los Angeles. I am a fashion and lifestyle blogger along with many hobbies that include doing hair and shopping.