This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CAU chapter.

We are back from winter break and it’s time to get the ball rolling! The 2019-2020 school year is almost coming to an end! Thank goodness because this girl is tired. Although I am tired, I have to finish out strong! We all have to, I have faith that we will all be successful. 

Over the break, I utilized it to relax! I need to take advantage of these vacations because I never know when I’ll be able to watch television all day without an assignment on my mind. This break I watched some great movies, as I usually do. But this break I watched the movies in a category. Like Car movies, Sci-fi movies, Werewolf movies and of course Vampire movies. Now I’m letting you know right now, Twilight is not on this list. It’s a great movie, but it’s just not superb. . . to me. The best vampire movies are Fright Night (1985), Interview With The Vampire (1994) and Queen of the damned (2002).

Fright Night (1985)

Fright Night is a 1985 American horror film written and directed by Tom Holland. 17-year-old Charley Brewster is a devotee of both conventional blood and gore movies and a repulsiveness TV arrangement entitled Fright Night, facilitated by a previous film vampire hunter, Peter Vincent. One night, Charley finds that his new nearby neighbor Jerry Dandrige is a vampire answerable for the vanishings of a few unfortunate casualties. The movie is a classic, so much that it was remade in 2011! I watched this movie for the first time when I was around six, I had no business watching it. It’s a very old fashion movie, that follows all the “Vampire” rules. 

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGQ1yMnKjUY

Interview With The Vampire (1994)

Interview with the Vampire is a 1994 American gothic romantic horror film directed by Neil Jordan, based on Anne Rice‘s 1976 novel of the same name, and starring Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt.

In present-day San Francisco, reporter Daniel Molloy interviews Louis de Pointe du Lac, who professes to be a vampire. Louis depicts his human life as a well off estate proprietor in 1791 Spanish Louisiana. Down and out after the demise of his better half and unborn kid, one night he is assaulted by the vampire Lestat de Lioncourt while unsteadily meandering the waterfront of New Orleans. I read the book before I watched the movie. The time period of this movie is amazing along with the acting of how the vampires are. 

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmFYu8x46VY

Queen Of The Damned (2002) 

Queen of the Damned is a 2002 horror film directed by Michael Rymer, loosely based on the third novel of Anne Rice‘s The Vampire Chronicles series, The Queen of the Damned. The vampire Lestat is stirred from many years of sleep by the sound of a hard rock band and continues to take over as their lead artist. Making worldwide progress, Lestat, having uncovered the presence of vampires, insults the others of his sort during a meeting for advancing his sole live show. This is another Ann Rice book that became a movie. It’s most definitely different than any other vampire movie. Along with having the late Aaliyah, the movie highly popular with the storyline. With also having a good soundtrack with the movie. I’ve never read the book, but I highly doubt it’s not Incredible.

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Gu9HtN05sc

This list of the Best Vampire movies is my list, there are other gems that have been made and others that will be created. I hope you watch these movies and enjoy them!

Hey! I am Terri Blige a Senior English Major with a Concentration of Creative Writing at Thee Clark Atlanta University. I am from Connecticut. I am proud to say that I am a writer for HerCampusCAU