AUC Media Maven + Beyonce’s Friend is Keke Francis!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CAU chapter.

She’s the media plug within the AUC, so no wonder why Beyonce wrote 7/11 in honor of the Keke Francis! These women slay in everything they do and continue to break barriers that many women have not touched. So much in common, yet have never met in person. Yep, Beyonce didn’t write a song about her….yet. Nevertheless, Keke is a star in her own right! The New York native is a junior majoring in Mass Media Arts and hopes to become a reporter and filmmaker some day. 

Talents/hidden talent: I can’t juggle or anything I just write

What do you write about: I write short films, short stories, I just like writing. It’s a release

How do you know she write? Us readers certainly didn’t know.

Any genre: Nothing specific, I’m very open, it just depends on the mood. The mood depends on what will be written

What’s the best thing that you’ve written so far? I would say my short films because you write them then see them come to life. Mostly Horror and Drama

What are your short term goals: Graduation of course. May 19. Getting a job, starting a business, being successful. Residual income

Any place particular you want to work at: I know starting off you don’t get to go where you want but CNN and Good Morning America- those are the long term goals

Do you see yourself differently? I mean I try to be as positive as possible. I try to be the best friend that I can be. Anything I do I give it my all. I definitely think I am optimistic and driven. Sometimes too driven. Sometimes a perfectionist. But I think everybody needs to be better. Everyday I’m learning to be better

Where did this question come from? Differently? Why did you ask her this?

How do your friends see you: *Laughs I wish they were here. I would think they see me as a happy person very blunt, way out spoken person but in optimistic person

And with that, how do you see yourself? I mean I try to be as positive as possible. I try to be the best friend that I can be. Anything I do I give it my all. I definitely think I am optimistic and driven. Sometimes too driven. Sometimes a perfectionist. But I think everybody needs to be better. Everyday I’m learning to be better

What do you do outside of Clark: I go home to my boyfriend, shop, go explore Atlanta because there’s always something to do. And just have fun

Def could have asked this another way: Besides your work on campus, what are your hobbies outside of CAU? OR  What do you do in your free-time  away from campus life?

I was gonna ask if your single, but you said you have a boyfriend, how is that!?: Uhh its new, he lives in Augusta, GA (where I’m from). Its hard but I like it. I’m still getting use to it. I’ve known him for nine months but we’ve been officially together for a month and a half. —–Aww this is a fresh relationship!

When did she say she had a boyfriend? Us readers had no clue!

Are you an only child or have siblings? I grew up an only child but I have half siblings. My sister who is eighteen years older than me left when I was coming in and my dad has four boys (two older and two younger)

Is there a reason you brought up her family?

If you died, what actress would play you in a biopic? *Laughs Okay, that’s a good question. Let’s see, there’s so many amazing actors. God Jesus! This is really hard. Um, I’ve been really obsessed with Yara Shahidi from Blackish .But definitely it would be Yara Shahidi, I love her- or Loren Sharice, she graduated from Clark two years ago, she’s beautiful and awesome!

How do you want to influence the next generation with what you are doing now? Well that’s very interesting because I want to eventually to open (around the nation) a foundation- a mentoring program for girls. That have dealt with depression, and stuff and I even have a tattoo for it *Shows me semicolon tattoo on wrist. So, my goal is to mentor and I think it is incredibly important because without some of the people who mentored me I wouldn’t be here. I want to mentor and inspire young girls that look like me and you. I want to promote education. We live in a world where Donald Trump is president. So, education at this point is very important. Yes, he’s running our world but I want them to know that he doesn’t determine your future, you do. We live at a time where everything is thrown at us and everything is determining who we are but that’s not it. You gotta do it for yourself

Thanks for reading, Check out our next next Pretty Profile soon! Love ya babes, HCXO

Hello! My name is Therecia Lang. I am a sophomore at the illustrious Clark Atlanta University in the popping city of Atlanta, Georgia. My passion is in the Peforming Arts in the areas of acting and dancing. My major is Theatre Arts and I plan to pursue a career as an actor in TV/Film.