This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CAU chapter.

This past weekend I did something so drastic and amazing some people didn’t believe it. But before I say what I did ask yourself these questions: am I spontaneous or adventurous? Most importantly, are I afraid of heights? If you said yes to either of those questions then you might not have the “Thrill Gene” –  the desire to do just about anything because of how amazing the activity is. The 4 activities I want to talk about are scuba diving, horseback riding, skydiving, and a hot air balloon ride. You’ll eventually find out which activity I have done and which one I have no desire of doing! But these fun adventurous activities are something everyone should do. 

Scuba Diving

Scuba diving is a method of submerged jumping where the diver utilizes an independent submerged breathing contraption (scuba), which is free of surface flexibly, to inhale submerged. Scuba divers convey their wellspring of breathing gas, normally packed air, permitting them more noteworthy autonomy and opportunity of development than surface-provided jumpers, and longer submerged continuance than breath-hold jumpers. I didn’t scuba dive nor do I want to, I fear the ocean and do not want to have that experience. Although I bet it’s amazing, I’d rather pass.

Horseback Riding

Who wouldn’t want to go horseback riding? I haven’t done this activity but it’s happening soon. Horseback riding incorporates the orders of riding, driving, or vaulting with ponies. This wide depiction incorporates the utilization of ponies for down to earth working purposes, transportation, recreational exercises, masterful or social activities, and serious game. Horses are beautiful animals and I would love to have the experience of riding such a powerful animal. 

Skydiving

Yes, I went skydiving! My sisters and I went 14,000 feet in the air and jumped out of a plane! Yes, it sounds insane but I would do it 100 more times. Skydiving is a strategy for traveling from a high highlight Earth with the guide of gravity, including the control of speed during the drop utilizing a parachute or parachutes. It might include pretty much free-falling (the skydiving fragment) which is a period when the parachute has not yet been sent and the body progressively quickens to maximum speed. The most amazing experience ever. Although it worried me that I was never scared of doing this activity, I was more excited. The most difficult part of skydiving is breathing! Having over 100mph of wind in my face was like no other. 

Hot Air Balloon

The activity I am trying to do as soon as possible. A hot air balloon is a lighter-than-air aircraft consisting of a bag, called an envelope, which contains heated air. Suspended beneath is a gondola or wicker basket (in some long-distance or high-altitude balloons, a capsule), which carries passengers and a source of heat, in most cases an open flame caused by burning liquid propane. The heated air inside the envelope makes it buoyant since it has a lower density than the colder air outside the envelope. As with all aircraft, hot air balloons cannot fly beyond the atmosphere. Since I have skydived doing this activity will be no problem.

I think everyone should do one of these activities before they leave Earth, these experiences are life-changing. I know that since I have gone skydiving I feel fearless and unstoppable. Once you accomplish some of these bucket list activities you’re gonna want to continue to check off the list. 

Hey! I am Terri Blige a Senior English Major with a Concentration of Creative Writing at Thee Clark Atlanta University. I am from Connecticut. I am proud to say that I am a writer for HerCampusCAU