This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CAU chapter.

As the semester comes to an end, it has become easier to dread the month of April as we wait for May to arrive. But as we wait for summer and the beautiful experiences it brings, here are a few events to check out for the month of April:

*Most events are virtual art-related events, with the exception of a few*

A gif of the cast of Bridesmaid running towards a location
Universal Pictures / GIPHY

Willem de Kooning in Context 

Willem de Kooning in Context is an online class held by the Barnes Foundation. In this class, students will examine Kooning’s style throughout his abstract paintings and influence on many contemporary abstract expressionists. The four-class series costs $198 for members of the foundation and $220 for non-members. Learn more, here

Virtual Screening: 2021 Oscar-Nominated Short Films

As many prepare for the 93rd Oscar Academy Awards, this virtual screening allows attendees to view this year’s Oscar-nominated short films and make predictions on which films will win each category of: Animation, Live Action and Documentary. Each category is $12 or $30 for the entire bundle. Learn more, here.

Storytelling through Smartphone Photography 

If anything, this pandemic has made many of us go down memory lane and remember those great times we had. As the summertime approaches, let’s stress the importance of  documenting our memories. This class presented by the High Museum of Atlanta will teach participants the “formal elements of photography” and how to capture a captivating story with just your smartphone. This six-week course is $240 for non-members of the institution and $180 for members. Learn more, here

selective focus photography of person taking picture of jelly donut
Callie Morgan/Unsplash
Recovering Black History from Miami to Harlem: Leslie Odom, Jr., Questlove, and Dr. Jessica B. Harris in Conversation

This conversation presented by The Studio Museum of Harlem focuses on the bridge between Black art and music and it’s inspiration on activism. The event is free, but participants must register. Learn more, here

Sunday Brunch at Apt4B

Enjoy brunch on a beautiful Sunday in an intimate manner. Brunch at Apt4B features “great food, great vibes” as you listen to music from their indoor vinyl bar and live dj. Learn more, here.

“Oh My Glutes” Workout Class 

Think active, but fun! This workout focuses on your lower body, glutes, thighs and midsection through HIIT and strength and resistance training. The workout is every Saturday and costs $15. Learn more, here

I am Jalondra Jackson, a multiform arts and culture writer, curator and enthusiast. Currently, I am a Junior studying Journalism and Business Administration at Clark Atlanta University. My portfolio is influenced by the ever-shifting industry of art and the underrepresented areas in the arts. I began this journey by serving as a content writer for Her Campus CAU and my university’s newspaper, The CAU Panther.