2022 ambitious girl hbcu tour: Empowering black women

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CAU chapter.

Boss Women Media Empowers Clark Atlanta University

Founder of Boss Women Media, Marty Marr, kicked off her Ambitious girl HBCU tour just last week, stopping by at the illustrious Clark Atlanta university before her last destination. The sole purpose of the Ambitious girl tour was to lament an empowering girl boss event for future CEO’s, Businesswomen, Corporate queens etc. , to network, utilize given resources, and secure the next step towards success. Ambitious Girl is a community illustrated for young women to stimulate the drive they already possess within themselves. The community equips and includes programming and leadership development tools that mold you into the best, strategic way possible to tackle the business industry like a BOSS. 

Find a way or make one! It is the message that Clark Atlanta University believes in and breathes. The ambitious girl HBCU tour made sure to amplify Clark Atlanta’s school motto and bring it into effective action. The event lasted from 11am to about 3:00PM, and there was not one dull, irrelevant, or boring moment! The event included credible guest speakers: Lisa Francoeur; Co-founder & CRO of Crypto Tutors, Jacquelyn Rodgers; Founder & CEO Green top Gifts, Robyn Hines; Early Career Development lead, Cash App, and the founder herself Marty Mcdonald with a whole lot to say. Each woman had a unique background that helped the audience of future entrepreneurs to connect with them comfortably and feel  a sense of realism. The  transparency and sisterhood that each guest speaker embellished was not only an amazing addition added by the Founder, but a subtle message to show that they were once to, where we were watching from the sidelines, dreaming and is now providing resourceful talks on how to effectively dominate in the business industry. The talks were impactful, and they outlined the steps that should be followed.

To mention the service is big on connections, Marty Mcdonald catalyzed the message of her brand that she swears by and that is networking. She brought on Not just one but multiple opportunities within other branded companies that were ready to work and open to everyone! Some of the companies on campus were Resume Review Stations presented by Cash-app and Solopreneur Tax Tip station presented by Intuit. Attendees were able to speak with direct advisors on internships of all levels, any questions you pondered on, and tips to help move you.

The biggest takeaway from this event was learning leadership skills, embodying confidence, and so much more insight to help inspire black women dominate the industry and it was truly an experience you just had to be there for! If you would like to follow up with Boss Women Media and join the membership to embark on your journey to betterment, handles will be listed below.

www.bosswomen.org/

martytmcdonald

Hola! My name is Eura Jackson, born in Jacksonville, Florida. I am a Mass Media arts Major with a minor in Journalism. Anything relating to art, can illustrate me thoroughly. I enjoy writing realism pieces while incorporating creativity, and writing poetry. If I’m not writing, you can find me drinking lemon-infused water while doing yoga or abstract drawing.