etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Style > Beauty

5 Products That Saved Me During My Spring Break Trip

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CAU chapter.

During my Spring Break trip to Los Angeles, I tried to pack any and everything that I would need on my 5-day trip. Throughout the trip, the weather was perfectly sunny and moderate 60-65 degrees. Being that I went to California for the first time with 4 of my other friends from college, as you can probably imagine, not everything went as planned on the trip. When these incidents did occur these 5 products were the lifesavers at hand!

1. Fantasia Liquid Mousse Super Hold Spritz 12oz

This product was the LIFESAVER of my whole trip. For the trip I got my hair styled into a short bob.  In California, it was needed almost every day due to the strong winds and cooler temperature that occurred at night time. When we arrived in Santa Monica, the wind was OFF THE CHARTS! It tried to take me out, but this product held it down. This Fantasia Liquid Mousse Super Hold Spritz has an amazing smell and is sticky so it keeps the hair stands together so that you won’t have stray hairs. After using this spray, everyone on my trip was hooked on this spray and went to the store to buy their own bottle.

2. Women’s Fab Feet by Foot Petals Ball of Foot Gel Insoles Shoe Cushion Clear

Without this next product, I definitely would have been walking around like a giraffe. 

The second product that kept me afloat was the Women’s Fab Feet by Foot Petals Ball of Foot Gel Insoles Shoe Cushion in Clear.  These are just good to keep around all the time, but I definitely needed them during my trip to Cali. I would not last in these heels without the foot cushions or the stoppers. These are great for keeping your foot in place even if you sweat or make quick movements. These shoes were so much more comfortable and bearable to walk in with cushions.

3.  Bath and Body Works – JAPANESE CHERRY BLOSSOM- Travel Size Body Cream

WE DON’T DO ASHY HAND PERIODT!!! My go-to travel lotion is the  JAPANESE CHERRY BLOSSOM

Travel Size Body Cream from Bath and Body Works because it has a classic smell and actually works during times of need.  It is the perfect size to keep in your small clutch or backpack during vacations and you can get this lotion in almost every smell imaginable. This is definitely a staple in my travel bag before any trip.

4. Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel Moisturizing Sunscreen Lotion – SPF 50

YES, BLACK PEOPLE NEED TO WEAR SUNSCREEN.  Despite it not being the hottest in Los Angeles I was not about to get sunburnt in this California sun.  On my second and third day in Los Angeles, it started to get hotter and hotter and the sunscreen was needed. It helped protect my arms and face from the sun rays, and since I burn easily, I am very diligent about protecting my face, arms, and feet during sunny days.

5. MAC- Prep + Prime Fix+ Mini

This the last product that saved me during my trip to Los Angeles during Spring Break and it’s an oldie but a goodie. The travel version of MAC’s FIX PLUS  is great for rehydrating your face during the day when you have on makeup and need a good refresher. This product dries down quickly and has a great smell that lifts my mood when I spray it on. And because of its small form (despite the big price for this small bottle), it’s easy to pack in your bag, so, it’s worth it!

As we begin to plan for future vacations and more Spring Breaks to come, I highly recommend working with these products!

hello, lovelies, My name Reginae. I am a sophomore at Clark Atlanta University. My major is Mass Media Arts with a concentration in Public Relations. I love writing about pop culture, fashion, makeup, YouTube and queen Beyonce. Follow me @reginaeb_ on Instagram. -_