3 Stress Relieving Books That Will Change Your Life!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CAU chapter.

As we are matriculating through our college journey, we may often times feel over-worked, discouraged, un-motivated, and stressed, but there are ways to prevent each of those un-desired emotions.  It is important that we learn how to balance our lives and perform our best so that we may achieve excellent grades, life-fulfillment, and personal growth.  Listed below are three encouraging and recommended books that provide guidance for college success, life-balance, success after college, and self-enhancement.

Double Vows, written and published in 2014 by Spelman’s first twin Valedictorians, Kirstie and Kristie Bronner, is an inspiration book that encourages students to achieve academic and personal success. It explores topics such as study tips, balanced living, committing to excellence, and time management.  This book discusses in detail ways to maintain high grades while still enjoying your college journey.  As I read the book myself, I learned how to become a great leader, manage my time wisely, and rid stress and discouragement.  If you want to achieve a well-balanced and successful life, then this book is an excellent guideline for you!  “The consequences of obeying personal desire in inappropriate timing include disorganization, laziness, lack of productivity, frustration, and stress.  Simply put, doing what you feel like doing instead of what you should be doing leads to undesirable outcomes.” – Double Vows

On a Mission: 21 Secrets For College Success, written and published in 2015 by Clark Atlanta University graduate, Chantel Morant, is an enjoyable book that provides tips on how to exemplify quality work in college as well as preparation tips for one’s life after college.  We often times think heavily about our future and wish that there was more time in order to figure everything out!  But after reading this book myself, I have learned how to relax, remain focused and diligent, and do my best exactly where I am.  This book has provided tips that has helped me maintain A’s in my current courses.  “You will find these strategies very practical in helping you achieve high grades, stand out from the competition and enjoy what should be among the best four years of your life.” – On a Mission: 21 Secrets  for College Success

Girlprint, written and published in 2014 by Clark Atlanta University graduate and former Russell Simmons and Barack Obama administrative assistant, Valeisha Butterfield, is the perfect guideline for girls to discover and live their dreams.  Butterfield discusses how to believe in yourself, own who you were created to be, and persevere through each challenge so that you may accomplish your dreams successfully.  As a result of reading this book, I am filled with confidence that I can achieve anything that I am willing to work for.  As young ladies constantly discover who they are and what needs to be done in order to see their dreams come to pass, reading Girlprint will certainly serve as motivation and guidance.  “You must stand firm in the absolute knowledge that the vision that refuses to die within you exist for a reason.” –Girlprint

Hi! Thank you for visiting my profile. I am a current junior at Clark Atlanta University studying Mass Media Arts(concentration Print Journalism.) My career aspirations include becoming an author, a film producer, a freelance writer, an empowerment figure, an entrepreneur, a multimedia producer, and working in ministry (I love Jesus!). May my craft inspire you to pursue your God-given gift and live a purposeful life-style.
I'm Alexis White, one of the founders of Her Campus CAU! Just a (not so) regular smegular entertainment professional. I have an eye for great movies, an ear for talent, and a Mac to make silly award-winning scripts! Therefore, I am a triple threat.