10 Things CAU Students Say

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CAU chapter.

Are you ever walking down the promenade and hear the same sayings on your way to Carl and Mary Ware? And then when you visit home for the first time in months, does your mom say, “Where’d you pick that up from?” or “What does that mean?” Well congratulations, you’ve adopted some CAU slang. Listed below are the top sayings you’ll hear on the promenade, in the student center, and all over CAU’s beautiful campus.

1. “At this point!”- This basically goes with anything. If you’re annoyed, excited, angry, etc.

2. “You got swipes?”- If you don’t have a meal plan, but you’re craving fried chicken Wednesday, you’ll be begging for a swipe in the cafe.

3. “I just wanna be great.”- We all just want to prosper, accomplish our goals, and “be great.”

4. “Well see, the way my bank account is set up…”- After that refund is spent pockets become quite tight. Flex dollars and swipes become your bestie and the mall is not an option.

5. “Who on desk?”- Depending on the Resident Assistant on duty, you might be able to slide through Heritage or Brawley without getting caught.

6. “You got a print card?”- When you don’t have a printer in your room, the library becomes an option. But sometimes, you don’t have $5 to purchase a print card, so you pray that your friend has one with money on it.

7. “Bless up!”- This can be compared to “May the odds be ever in your favor.”

8. “Who we got for homecoming?”- Homecoming is one of the most exciting times of the school year, so from August to October, you’ll hear people inquiring about whom we’ll have to perform.

9. “It’s lit!”- Used when you’re excited about something, For example, if your account just got blessed, you made a good grade on a test, your class was cancelled, etc. also used when you’re at a party that’s packed and poppin’.

10. “What’s the move?”- When you’re bored and looking for something to do, you’ll find yourself texting/ tweeting, and snapping, “What’s the move?”

So if you find yourself saying any of these things, consider yourself officially adopted by CAU.

Hello! My name is Sydney Coffee and I am from Tampa, FL. Currently, I am a senior, Mass Media Arts Major at the illustrious Clark Atlanta University. When I graduate, I would like to further my education at the University of Southern California. I would one day like to become an anchor for E! News, and also have my own cosmetics line .