This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

The sun is in pisces! To understand more about this very special sign, we selected some pisces women with stories that impacted the world somehow. Pisces is a sign about dreams, but these girls turned them into real things that had never been considered for the female universe before.

1. Marta

Source: Flickr

Elected by Forbes Magazine as one of the most powerful Brazilian women, the athlete broke a lot of soccer paradigms as a typically male sport, having won seven titles with the women’s selection, more than the men’s team, considered the most successful in the history of the soccer world .

Besides that, Marta was born in Alagoas (Northeastern of Brazil), and is the greatest scorer in the Brazilian selection including all the genres, with more than 101 goals, and the best soccer player in the world for six times.

Despite all this, according to the Betterdeals BR, the current player of Orlando Pride makes US$ 441,000 per month, which corresponds to less than 0,6% of Neymar’s salary. The constant fight for visibility brought to female soccer some achievements: important Brazilian teams as Palmeiras are improving their soccer girls and for the first time, in June, one of the main open television channel in the country will transmit the women’s world cup, which will happen in France.

2. Leila Lopes

Source: Wikimedia

The Miss Universe 2011 was the fifth black girl in the history of the contest to win the title of the most beautiful woman in the world. Natural from Benguela (Angola), Leila also has won beauty competitions in her country.

Nevertheless, the beauty queen suffered with racist reviews in the internet after being crowned, including by her own competitors, who have pointed out Leila as “very discreet”. The model was also compared with monkeys.

3. Elis Regina

Source: Wikimedia

For being a sign that is also very connected with art, it is important to honor in the pisces season one of the best singers of the popular Brazilian music (MPB). Elis Regina, who enchanted the world with an original style and a brilliant vocal extension, was the first person to register her own voice as an instrument in the Order for Brazilian Musicians.

Her songs were an illustration of the dictatorial period in Brazil, but they are actually timeless: recently, during the last presidential elections, “Como Nossos Pais” won the social networks, resuming the ideals of freedom quoted in the song, which was eventually incorporated into political discourses.

Elis, who was also an actress, had her story eternalized 37 years after dying in the peak of her career due to an overdose of cocaine. She won a TV show in her country to keep on touching a lot of generations.

4. Rihanna

Source: Giphy

Pisces is also pop! The muse who always defended women’s freedom to dress and behave as we wish, is a composer, model, stylist and entrepreneur, besides being a singer. Above all, Rihanna brings with her one of the most special features of the Zodiac sign: the empathy.

Robyn Fenty, how she was called in Barbados, her birthplace, lifted a lot of social flags throughout her career. Besides ambassador of the Global Partnership for Education, the “Bad Girl” is owner of the Clara Lionel Foundation, a non-governmental organization that takes the name of her grandparents and improves the access to health, education and culture for millions of people in the world. She also worked on projects to combat hunger and diseases such as cancer and AIDS.

Winner of the activist award of the year in 2017 by the Harvard University, Rihanna is a phenomenon in the music too: with only 20 years, she turned songs on the top of the Billboard and led the trend tops of the United Kingdom for seven followed years. With an sculptural body and a touching voice, she is one of the most powerful singers in the present.

5. Gleici Damasceno

Source: @gleicidamasceno instagram

The sweet Gleici was one of the few black women to win the Big Brother Brasil reality show. With only 24 years, she was the first one on her family, which lives in Acre, to finish high school and enter college. And it was the simplicity of the young woman what made her fall in the graces of the public!

Besides studying psychology, as a true pisces girl, the millionaire has always been engaged in social movements, and now her voice is in the fight against the prejudice (especially racism), social and genre inequalities, and is heard all over the country.

One of the clothes that Gleici most use is a t-shirt which brings the following message: fight like a girl!

Karolina Pestrin

Casper Libero

Giovanna Pascucci

Casper Libero '22

Estudante de Relações Públicas na Faculdade Cásper Líbero que ama animais e falar sobre séries.