This Year’s Ultimate List Of Concerts And Festivals In Brazil

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

If you have a passion for any international artist, maybe 2019 is your year! This year, a lot of artists and bands that we love are coming to Brazil and in this post we’re going to show you some of them. Keep reading, maybe your loved one can be on this list!

1. Concerts

Blackbear

The Californian singer, composer and productor is coming to Brazil for the first time EVER! We don’t know about you, but we just can’t wait for it!

The only bad thing about it is that he’s performing only in two big capitals: Rio de Janeiro, on the March 16th, and São Paulo, March 17th.

The Jacksons

This one is for those who miss the 1960’s R&B and Soul: The Jacksons. That’s right, Michael Jackson’s brothers are coming back to Brazil in 2019. What is curious about it is that the last time the group was here, Michael Jackson was still part of the band and they were calling themselves “The Jackson Five” still.

They will perform in São Paulo on March 16th and in Porto Alegre on the 19th of the same month. The setlist counts with the classics “ABC”, “I’ll Be There”, “Rockin’ Robin” e “I Want You Back”.

Paul McCartney

Image Source: IMDB

One more to the wistful: Paul McCartney is coming to Brazil in 2019! This time, the ex-Beatle will perform three times. Two of them are going to take place in São Paulo (March 26th and 27th) and one in Curitiba (March 30th), but you better RUN because the tickets are really close to sold out.

The shows are part of the “Freshen Up” tour to divulge Paul’s new album “Egypt Station”. In this last one, there is a tribute to the Brazilian fans with he song “Back in Brazil” that had its video clip recorded in Bahia.

Arctic Monkeys

Image Source: IMDB

Arctic Monkeys will perform a solo show in Rio de Janeiro on the April 3rd, two days before performing at Lollapalooza in São Paulo. This is a good chance to see their show and paying less for it, comparing to Lolla’s ticket price.

The last time that the group came to Brazil was five years ago. Now, they are back and releasing the latest album “Tranquility Base Hotel & Casino”, which is composed by the classics “When The Sun Goes Down”, “Mardy Bum” e “R U Mine?”. Are you ready for it?

Shawn Mendes

Image Source: IMDB

The Allianz Park in São Paulo is receiving another foreigner artist this year. Shawn Mendes has two shows tagged in two big capitals, São Paulo and Rio de Janeiro. On the November 29th and 30th, the Canadian singer will take over Palmeiras Stadium, and on the December 3rd it will be Jeunesse Arena time to be infected with no ‘Mercy’ by Shawn.

Passenger

After an amazing opening at Ed Sheeran’s concerts here in Brazil, the british singer and composer Mike Rosenberg, known as Passenger, will do solo performances here!

The show is taking place at March (10th) at Cine Joia, São Paulo. If you want to watch him you better, because the house has space for only 1000 people!

Passenger rose at the spotlight with the hit “Let It Go”, which has over 2,2 billion views on YouTube.

Lauryn Hill

The north-american singer Lauryn Hill is coming to our country to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the disco “The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill”. The album was one of the biggest successes of the 1980s. It gave her 11 Grammy Awards nominations.

She will do a solo performance at Espaço das Américas on May 3rd in São Paulo.

Aurora

Image Source: IMDB

After her performance at Lollapalooza in the beginning of 2018, the Norwegian singer Aurora returns to Brazil do to five (no, you didn’t read it wrong) performances!

What is curious about it is that this dates were determined and reserved by her fans on their own! They started a mobilization with the platform Queremos and it worked!

Check out the dates:

• Belo Horizonte: May 16th – Mister Rock
  • Rio de Janeiro: May 17th – Circo Voador
  • São Paulo: May 18th – Credcard Hall
  • Curitiba: May 22nd – Ópera de Arame
  • Porto Alegre: May 23rd – Bar Opnião

Slash

Image Source: IMDB

The eternal Guns ‘N’ Roses guitarist is coming to Brazil one more time in a solo career. This time, he is accompanied by Myles Kennedy & The Conspirators.

Formed by Slash, Myles Kennedy, Brent Fitz, Todd Kerns e Frank Sidoris, o supergroup Slash ft. Myles Kenndy & The Conspirators will perform 8 times with the tour of the album “Living the Dream” (2018).

Dates: 21/5 (Porto Alegre), 22/5 (Florianópolis), 24/5 (Curitiba), 25/5 (São Paulo), 27/5 (Uberlândia), 29/5 (Brasília), 1º/6 (Recife) e 3/6 (Fortaleza)

3. Special Festivals

Lollapalooza

Image Source: IMDB

This April, Lollapalooza will take over São Paulo! With a bunch of different names, this festival promises a lot of good music and fun.

Lollapalooza is a good alternative if you like diversity in a festival. This year’s edition will count with names like Postmalone, Twenty One Pilots, Tribalistas, Kendrick Lamar and others.

The concerts will take place on April 5,6 and 7.

Check the line up bellow: 

Image Source: Lollapalooza’s website

Rock in Rio

Image Source: IMDB

Rock in Rio is the most traditional Brazilian festival and this year, it has everything to be an epic edition just like the past ones.

The festival will take over Rio de Janeiro on September 27th ,28th and 29th and October 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th. The line-up already gathers names like Pink, Imagine Dragons, Drake, Nickelback and Paralamas do Sucesso.

Image source: IMDB

The line-ups until now:

• Sunset stage: Seal and Xenia (27), Lulu Santos & Silva (28), Jessie J (29), Slayer, Anthrax, Torture Squad & Claustrofobia featuring Chuck Billy (Testament), Nervosa (04), Charlie Puth (05) and King Crimson (06).
  • World Stage: Drake (27), Foo Fighters, Weezer (28), Bon Jovi, Dave Matthews Band (29), Red Hot Chili Peppers, Panic! at the Disco (03), Iron Maiden, Scorpions, Megadeth, Sepultura (04), Pink, Black Eyed Peas, Anitta (05), Muse, Imagine Dragons, Nickelback and Os Paralamas do Sucesso (06).
Estudante de Jornalismo. Curiosa pela vida, apaixonada pela profissão! 
Giovanna Pascucci

Casper Libero '22

Estudante de Relações Públicas na Faculdade Cásper Líbero que ama animais e falar sobre séries.