This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

We carry the babies of the world, bleed every month and are still treated as inferior. Unbelievable.

Every day should be woman’s day, but since we only have one day dadicated to our fight per year we should celebrate it. Is there any better way to do so then by getting all your girlfriends together, tons of junk food and marathoning the best TV shows with empowering and independent women?

Here are some of the best TV shows with amazing empowering role models:

1- Sex and The City

Carrie and her girlfriends couldn’t give less of a f*** to what any men think about them, being the perfect example for sexual independence and freedom.

2- Girls

The show talks about the feminine universe as realistic as possible, talking about sex, friendship and carreer without any shame, differently than the shows we are used to watch.

3- Game of Thrones

If you are looking for a badass and independet woman to inspire you, Game Of Throne’s Khaleesi is what you need. The mother of dragons’ confidence is what any girl needs to survive in this patriarchal society.

4- Jessica Jones

If there is one woman in this world who can kick asses, this woman is definitively the one. Marvel’s anti-hero is not sexualized as the old female heroes, she’s strong and powerful and has a really strong personality. There’s no way you can watch this show without getting addicted to it or wishing you had her abilities.

5- How To Get Away With Murder and Scandal

The two main characters of the shows, Annalise Keaton and Olivia Pope, are amazingly intelligent, excellent lawyers, persuasive and badasses. Just the black female role models we have been waiting since ever.

6- Orange Is the New Black

Confine crazy, funny and vindictive women in a prison and you have Orange is The New Black. The hit show talks about transsexuals, lesbians and bissexuals, something that should have been discussed long ago, in an amazing way. I’m sure you’ll love it and laugh a lot, I recommend you start binge-watching it right now on Netflix.

Gabrielle Vianna

Casper Libero

Bárbara Muniz

Casper Libero

Bárbara Muniz is a Journalism student and Theather lover. Half journalist, half artist, totally feminist. Hufflepuff placed, sagittarian and vegetarian. Cásper Líbero University's Charpter co-correspondent and editor-in-chief. Intern in a Brazilian broadcast channel called BandNews TV, where she works among production for newscast and social media.