This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

With Netflix been used more than ever, the world of TV show becomes increasingly accessible. Being very close to this technological world, the teenagers have a huge connection to this kind of content.

Maybe some decades ago, teens preferred sticky romance on their screen. However, nowadays teenagers heard by Her Campus said they enjoy suspense, without leaving the romance aside. The Z Generation want to watch those shows where they can find friendship, fraternity, stories of suspense and still has the classic romance – after all, who doesn’t like to have a crush on the icon couple.

We’ve sat down with some teenagers to find out what are the most popular TV shows among them and their highest and weakest point. Check it out!

• Gossip Girl

GG is about elite students of a high school in New York City. As soon as Serena (Blake Lively), the it-girl, comes back to the city from a summer internship, everyone is tormented by Gossip Girl, an anonymous figure that always knows the secrets of everybody in the schools and makes threats.

Highest point: The TV show is very young and current. It has a little bit of everything: fashion, love, affairs, betrayal and, of course, gossip.

• Pretty Little Liars

PLL tells the story of four friends that reunited themselves because a fifth, Alison (Sasha Pieterse), goes missing. A year after that, the group start to receive texts and been threatened by a anonymous figure called -A. The interesting part of the show is the suspense around the identity of -A.

Highest points: The plot is very engaging and the crushes/ships are excellent (Spoby, Ezria or Haleb).

Weakest point: After a lot of seasons, the storyline start to get lost.

• The Vampire Diaries

This TV show is basically about a love triangle and the relationship with the supernatural. Two brothers fall in love with the same girl and have to deal with familiar problems and live normally without people finding out that they are vampires.

Highest points: It doesn’t focus only on romance, despite being a crucial part to the story. The friends and family have the same importance that the main characters in the development of the show, besides being very engaging.

• Teen Wolf

Also talks about the supernatural universe, but now the subject in matter are wolves. Friendship and love are also in the story. The differential, in this case, is that the protagonist isn’t born a supernatural creature.

• The Flash

The Flash is a story that a lot of people know about Barry Allen that, when struck by lightning, got superpowers, as superspeed. In the TV show, he uses that power to help his city with the support of his friends. It also brings up Barry’s relationships and how he deals with his normal life and his life as Flash.

Highest points: The viewers follow his development as a hero from the moment that he faces more difficult enemies and how his relationship with his family and friends is fundamental to his evolution.

• How I Met Your Mother

Ted (Josh Radnor), a normal guy who lives in New York, tells to his children the story of how he met their mother and runs through all his important relationships and facts. The TV show doesn’t revolve only on Ted, but also the trajectory of his friends Lily (Alyson Hannigan), Marshall (Jason Segel), Barney (Neil Patrick Harris), Robin (Colbie Smulders) and their love affairs that lead him to the event of getting to know his kid’s mom.

Highest points: The episodes are short comparing with the majority of TV shows, which makes it easy when you want to watch it. It’s much more fun to watch with friends or your partner without worry of not being able to blink and miss a scene.

• Friends

The show is about the life of 6 Americans living in New York for 10 years (beginning of the decade between 1994 to 2004). It brings up their difficulties on their love lives, in the business and the conflicts that happen in the life of a young adult.

Highest points: It is a comedy that get together with a really good story.

• Prison Break

Prison Break is about two brothers trying to get one of them that was arrested and sentenced to death out of prison. He supposedly killed the brother of the president of the United States. Luckily, the brother who is out of jail is the one that help to project the place and fakes a crime to try to get his brother out of there.

Highest points: It is a very clever TV show. The director and the screenwriter thought about all the details.

Grey’s Anatomy

Tells the story of the doctors that work in Seattle Grace Hospital and the cases that they have to deal with every day. Each and every episode has a new unusual case and they have to find a solution. Besides their work routine, Grey’s Anatomy shows their involvement with each one, their love life and friendships.

• Stranger Things

The story takes place in 1983, when a boy named Will Byers (Noah Schnapp) disappears. His mom, Joyce (Winona Ryder), gets desperate and try to find him. The chief of the police, Jim Hopper (David Harbour), starts to investigate, as well as Will’s friends Mike (Finn Wolfhard), Dustin (Gaten Matarazzo) and Lucas (Caleb McLaughin). Eleven (Millie Bobby Brown), a mysterious girl arrives at the town and says that know where Will is and together they discover a government agency that tries to cover up a parallel world with weird creatures below the surface.

Studying Journalism in Caper Libero, loving discover this new moment. Sagittarius from head to toe, Gabi is totally awe of the little things, series fan, whish could hold the world. Belive that everybody is more than your eyes can see. Living this journey
Giovanna Pascucci

Casper Libero '22

Estudante de Relações Públicas na Faculdade Cásper Líbero que ama animais e falar sobre séries.