This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

When we google the word ‘beauty’, we will probably find many websites selling beauty products and uncountable blogs about it. Furthermore, when we look for images, many – beautiful – women appear, not only mentioning the make-up products, moisturizer creams, brushes…

The meaning of ‘beauty’ is related to the word ‘nice’. For Plato, beauty was related to wisdom. For Oracle of Delphi, it was related to justice. For Vitruvius, beauty was about proportion.

And what is the meaning of beauty for Casperian girls? Do they like to talk about it? To know their thoughts about this theme, check out their answers to Her Campus Cásper Líbero!

Lais Azevedo, 23

College Major: Publicity & Advertisement

What is beauty for you?

“It is kind of cliché, but for me beauty is looking yourself in the mirror and feeling good. And it’s important to remember that attitudes must be beautiful, too. Every single person has their own particularities, and this details have to be maintained. Beauty goes beyond a cool hairstyle or a cool body. Beauty is all of this between the lines.”

How important is beauty to you? Is it something you like to talk about?

“I love talking about beauty! I follow beauty blogs, read lots of magazines and always look for new beauty products or techniques. However, beauty standards bother me, especially because they exclude me, making me lose my self-confidence. Sometimes it makes me do unnecessary changes.”

Would you like to change the way you look?

“I would love to change the color of my hair, but I’m afraid I won’t like it.”

Have you ever made something crazy to look beautiful?

“I wouldn’t say it was crazy, but I straightened my hair to be part of a beauty standard, and it was a rough time. I was really young, and at that moment I didn’t realize I was trying to change my appearance instead of changing my mind. Not that I don’t like straight hair, but I think it is very important to understand if this wish of changing comes from you or from the others.”

When do you feel beautiful?

“When I wake up. I know it’s strange, but I feel radiant when I wake up. My skin looks beautiful and my hair has a very cool messy look. In fact, I think this sensation comes from the fact that I really don’t care if I look good at this moment.”

Who are your beauty references?

“Camila Pitanga, Tais Araújo, Lupita Nyong’o, Jane Birkin and Audrey Hepburn.”

Beatrice Castro, 19

What is beauty for you?

“For me, beauty is what makes you feel good.”

“When you have a strong personality and self-confidence, beauty is not something relevant. I used to do everything to please other people. Now, my opinion comes first and the most important thing is my own happiness”

“I changed the color of my hair. I was supposed to become blond, but my hair accidentally became orange.”

Who are your beauty references?

“Rihanna.”

When do you feel beautiful?

“When I’m exactly who I am and people think I look good.”

Nicole Moraes, 19

What is beauty for you?

“Beauty is our daily care. When you take care of yourself, and like it.”

“For me, beauty is very important! It is about being comfortable when you look at yourself in the mirror, and feeling good about yourself is everything.”

“I’ve already made a few changes: I changed the color of my hair. I have a long hair and I would love to have a short haircut like Anne Hathaway or Miley Cyrus. It’s something I’ve been thinking of doing.”

“One day I applied a lot of mascara before the eyelash curler, all because I wanted to look like these dolls with big eyes and great lashes. Instead of looking beautiful, I broke my lashes. It was terrible!”

Who are your beauty references?

“Gisele Bundchen and Blake Lively, because of their georgeous wavy hair. I really like that messy natural look. And Victoria’s Secret Angels, because of their highlight makeup – which I love!”

When do you feel beautiful?

“I feel beautiful when I have time to spend with myself and work hard on my makeup and hair style.”

Sometimes, beauty is about accepting who you are, accepting that everybody is different. Nobody has the same beauty, and that’s what make you beautiful. You’re unique!

“Beauty begins at the moment you decide to be yourself” – Coco Chanel

Carolina Hossni

Casper Libero '17

Publicity student, fashion lover, and huge fan of beauty stuff. Cásper Líbero’s Chapter contributor, and lipstick addicted. She’s the kind of girl who memorizes the names of nailpolishes, and is fascinated by perfume bottles . She belives that beauty is about acceptance. Belives that beauty is a state of mind, and she also belives it’s about looking for the good in the world.
Anna is a 21 year old from Sao Paulo, Brazil, who studies Journalism at Casper Libero University. She’s currently the Editor in Chief of Her Campus CL's Chapter and is pretty obsessed with fashion, beauty and (trashy) reality TV shows. 
Bárbara Muniz

Casper Libero

Bárbara Muniz is a Journalism student and Theather lover. Half journalist, half artist, totally feminist. Hufflepuff placed, sagittarian and vegetarian. Cásper Líbero University's Charpter co-correspondent and editor-in-chief. Intern in a Brazilian broadcast channel called BandNews TV, where she works among production for newscast and social media.