This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

October has arrived, and it brings an important cause: is the breast cancer awareness month, and Pink October is the name of the action. 

The National Breast Cancer Awareness Month (NBCAM) is an annual international health campaign organized by major breast cancer charities every October to increase awareness of the disease and to raise funds for research into its cause, prevention, diagnosis, treatment and cure. The campaign also offers information and support to those affected by breast cancer. Always remembering the action – and since “pink is the new black” –, we have a few tips to introduce the color of month in your makeup. 

When we talk about wearing pink in makeup, sometimes there are a few doubts. However, we have a few tips to introduce you this color.

1. Remember that there are many shades of pink

Fuchsia, old rose, hot pink, magenta, bubblegum pink, soft rose – each one gives an effect. You can take a romantic touch or a modern mood, depending on the tone you choose. 

2. The neutral tones are easier to match

Shades like soft rose, old rose, baby pink, rose quartz harmonize more easily.  Coppery colors, shades of brown and purple also make a beautiful combination.   

3. Start by the lipstick

If you are not used to wear very colorful makeup, a good trick is to start with the lips. The lipstick gives an instant upgrade in visual.

4. Don’t forget cheeks and temples

The color can also be present in the blush or luminizer. It’s a safer way, especially for those who never used the color and want to start. 

Are you in the mood to try? Check our Pinterest panel for some inspiration! And don’t forget to tell your friends and family about Pink October! 

Carolina Hossni

Casper Libero '17

Publicity student, fashion lover, and huge fan of beauty stuff. Cásper Líbero’s Chapter contributor, and lipstick addicted. She’s the kind of girl who memorizes the names of nailpolishes, and is fascinated by perfume bottles . She belives that beauty is about acceptance. Belives that beauty is a state of mind, and she also belives it’s about looking for the good in the world.
Giovanna Pascucci

Casper Libero '22

Estudante de Relações Públicas na Faculdade Cásper Líbero que ama animais e falar sobre séries.