An Unconventional List Of Series For Those Who Love The Vampire Diaries

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

If you didn’t fall in love with the involving The Vampire Diaries during your teenage years, you probably lived that time of your life wrong. Can you believe it has been four years since TVD said goodbye? Even after all this time, the TV show will always belong to our hearts.

The Vampire Diaries has one thing that sets it apart from other series: the many reasons we have to love the show. TVD is much more than a vampire series, we also love the romances, the villains, friendships, and different creatures.

Because of this, we created a different list of recommendations. We will bring you a TV show for each of the reasons we love The Vampire Diaries.

If you love the villains, watch The Originals

It would not be a mistake to say that The Originals, spin-off of The Vampire Diaries, is better than its original series. In the production, we get a different view of who the original family is, which includes Klaus, Elijah, Rebekah, and their siblings.

If you have only watched The Vampire Diaries and think that these characters are only villains, you are wasting your time. Watch The Originals and let yourself be carried away by a bloody story, but also full of love, family, and union in the charming New Orleans.

If you love the different creatures, watch The X-Files

The X-Files is a very different series from TVD, but if you like the different creatures on the show, you will surely be enchanted by the story of agents Mulder and Scully.

First released in the 90s, the series was a huge phenomenon. It follows Fox Mulder and Dana Scully investigating unexplained cases as part of the X-Files, a specific division of the FBI. With 11 seasons, the agents try to solve cases across the United States involving the most different and strange creatures you can imagine, all while they slowly unravel a conspiracy involving the US government and the existence of aliens.

If you love romances, watch True Blood

Considered more daring than The Vampire Diaries, and also known for its seductive vampires, True Blood deals with the coexistence of these creatures and humans, following the story of Sookie, a waitress capable of reading minds who falls in love with vampire Bill Compton.

But relax, this is not the only relationship in the series, the show is full of romance and sensuality. Is there anything that goes better with vampires than passion?

If you love Ian Somerhalder, watch V Wars

Hey, we know that Ian Somerhalder was (or still is!) your all-time crush, and that’s okay, he’s still ours too!

V Wars, inspired by the comic book series of the same name, stars the much-loved Ian. The series is a little darker than The Vampire Diaries, as it follows a scientist and his friend as they face a deadly outbreak that divides the world, resulting in a war between vampires and humans.

Unfortunately, the TV series has been canceled, but it’s perfect for anyone who misses Ian Somerhalder on screen.

If you love the supernatural world, watch Chilling Adventures of Sabrina

Based on the Archie comic books, Chilling Adventures of Sabrina follows Sabrina Spellman as she balances her between the mortal and the witch world.

The series is fun and macabre at the same time. One of the biggest points of the production is the supernatural richness, CAOS is a true immersion in the cultural world of witches, creatures that are also important and beloved in The Vampire Diaries.

—————————————————————-

The article above was edited by Giullia Cartaxo.

Liked this type of content? Check Her Campus Casper Libero for more!

Giovanna Ragano

Casper Libero '24

Journalism student at Casper Libero. Passionate about literature, fashion and TV shows. Always listening to Lana del Rey or Danna Paola on headphones.