TV’s Best Dressed: 12 Characters with Envy-worthy Closets

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

Serena Van der Woodsen (Blake Lively) & Blair Waldorf (Leighton Meester) Gossip Girl

This duo embodies the best that luxury can offer: a sophisticated, fashion-forward and pretty unique outfit. While they might seem to wear two totally different styles, with Blair being more ladylike and preppy and Serena edgier in a style that is very inspired by Kate Moss, they both give off the same an element of classic chic that is mainly due to the fact that they’re from the Upper East Side, NYC. If there’s one thing that the show has taught us is that attitude is something extremely important and sometimes overlooked when it comes to fashion.

Aria Montgomery (Lucy Hale) – Pretty Little Liars

While all of the girls style are worth mentioning, she has been the one to maintain the same style through all six season of the shoe. Even when she was wearing some ridiculous clothes in the earlier episodes, her edgy look of T-shirts, printed pencil skirts, cool blouses, some crazy shoes and dainty jewelry just seems to work. She is probably the only high school girl ever to have pulled off zippered heels, chain-handle bags, patterned knee-highs and chunky motorcycle boots, but still has a very interesting and unique wardrobe.

Jessa Johansson (Jemima Kirke) – Girls

Of all of the characters on television, Jessa is by far the one who has perfected the bohemian look. From flea market finds to clothing from Pearl River and Zara, and a tiny mix of designer pieces here and there, she always seems to get away with every combination she uses on the screen. Chiffon wide-leg pants, kaftans, kimonos, felt hats,… Jessa has a very unapologetic vibe and seems to be very confident wearing whatever she feels like.

Olivia Pope (Kerry Washington) – Scandal

Olivia Pope has a very no-nonsense style, and is the walking definition of dress for success. Besides being gorgeous, she seems to have a closet full of statement coats, Prada bags and insanely practical shift dresses. Be sure to check her style (and the insane plot lines in the show) if you’re looking for a very practical and stylish office wardrobe.

Carrie Bradshaw (Sarah Jessica Parker) – Sex And The City

Even people who have never watched the show know that fashion plays a big part on the series. It probably wouldn’t be the same thing if it wasn’t for Carrie’s (and occasionally some outfit from the other girls) Manolo Blahnik shoes, nameplate necklaces and oversized flower pins. The show left a lot of women around the world dreaming to ever be half as chic (and to move to New York City) as Carrie.

Claire Underwood (Robin Wright) – House of Cards

Claire Underwood is the best example of what a power wife is, and her wardrobe always matches that. Wearing Zac Posen, Akris, and L’Wren Scott for day-to-day and Calvin Klein and Armani for evening, she wears neutral colors in an impeccable way every moment she is on front of the camera. While not all women are as calculating and cold as she can be, Claire’s razor sharp outfits are very eye-catching.

Patrícia (Maria Casadevall) Amor à Vida

While she isn’t involved in the fashion world, Patricia has a very strong style, from the old car she drives to the prints she wears. The brunette wore a lot of skinny pants, and mastered the art of mix-and-matching different prints. She was also one of the first brazilian characters to be spotted wearing ear cuffs and some other extremely bold accessories.

Carolina Castilho (Juliana Paes) – Totalmente Demais

Few people seem to be able to wear such a minimalist style and still look like they put a lot of effort in it. Carolina, as any other fashion editor, wears a lot of high couture and you can see that she is strongly inspired by real life editors, such as Anne Wintour. Her most iconic accessories are her Dita Von Teese glasses and Lanvin bracelet, both of which cost over a thousand reais, making her closet one of the most expensive from brazilian soap-operas.

Megan Lily Parker-Marra (Isabelle Drummond) Geração Brasil

With the good girl gone bad” attitude the character has, it’s really no surprise that her closet reflects that. She has a rocker vibe, while still retaining the natural Hollywood star personality that the child of a movie star seems to exhale. She is very much a fan of hi-lo outfits and statement pieces (specially thighs and socks) and has a very urban and street look. She is also a big fan of maxi jewelry and can be very inspirational to any girl who enjoys darker and edgier outfits.

Amora (Sophie Charlotte)   Sangue Bom

The character who is a fashion blogger has a very minimalist style, mixing classic pieces with some more trendy ones. The fictional it-girl is very attentive to details: small earrings, maxi necklace, bracelets, rings, nails done, hair done, sunglasses, purse. White shirt and denim skirt are simple and classic items at any time. An It Girl doesn’t  exempt the basic of her wardrobe but the big trick is to combine them with other items that are trending, like a maxicolar or a cut-out blouse, in Amora’s case, one from Reinaldo Lourenço, Animale or Mabel Magalhães.

Débora (Nathalia Dill) – Avenida Brasil

Débora combines wide shirts with various prints and wide belts leave the look a bit more rocker. The fringed bag and appearing bra strip is a mix that gives the character  air of young and modern. She has a big boho influence while also using the latest fashion trends, like a blue transparent skirt with purple hot pants underneath.

Luisa Salgado (Guilhermina Guinle) – TiTiTi

Her style is very current, based on good contemporary fashion trends. Luisa is a mix a bit of rocker style with classical and romantic elements also bringing some military references, always linked to the styles mentioned above. The character uses predominantly neutral colors – gray, black, white and beige – and prints are rare in her productions but when they appear , they are usually geometric . Luisa uses mainly loose fitting tops and has a very minimalist attitude about her, that is, until she develops a mental disorder in the last episodes of the soap opera.

Catalina De Vera

Casper Libero

Catalina De Vera is a freshman at Casper Libero, Cásper Líbero University, majoring in Journalism. Born in Argentina but raised in Brazil, she identifies as a citizen of the world, always seeking the next big literary adventure. An insomniac with an undying love for writing, you can usually find her reading books, hanging out with friends or running after an interview. Catalina also likes drinking tea, overthinking what shoes to wear and watching Audrey Hepburn movies in her spare time. 
Alana Claro

Casper Libero '17

Alana is a Senior in Cásper Líbero University, majoring in Journalism. She is President of Casper Libero's Chapter and an intern in a Corporate Communications firm. Born and raised in Sao Paulo, where she speaks Portuguese, although English is her ever-lasting love. Alana is a proud Slytherin and INTJ.