jakob owens SaO8RBYC0bs unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jakob owens SaO8RBYC0bs unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Tourism In Eastern Europe: Beatriz Biasoto’s Experience

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

For some people vacations are a synonym for travelling, whether they visit another country or just take the road to the beach, it’s always an unique and incredible experience. Having this in mind, we decided to talk to Beatriz Biasoto, an 18-year-old student who finally have gotten to take a trip that her family had been planning for a long time.

Beatriz and her parents left São Paulo on Christmas and boarded into an adventure through the European East. The first stop was in Germany, where she took the “Romantic Road”, a 300 km route located in the Baviera state, surrounded by castles, medieval villages, vineyards  and — of course — a lot of beer and typical cuisine, known to be the destiny for many honeymoons. The student told us that although she did enjoy the tour it left a lot to be desired, due to the fact that, according to her, “I could barely see any castles, I felt like it was a bit of a misleading advertisement. The route seems to work better in Summer.” 

The second stop was in Prague, the capital of Czech Republic and the most dream destination for Biasoto. As soon as I got there and crossed the Charles Bridge, I felt like the city wasn’t real. Knowing in real life a place that I’ve always wanted to go was surreal, Beatriz admits. There, she met some common touristic spots such as the Kafka Museum, Josefov (Jewish Quarter or best known as Josefstadt in German) — where the oldest Jewish cemetery is located — and not forgetting the Orloj, an astronomical medieval clock built in 1410, that can be found in the city hall.

View of Prague (Image Source: Beatriz Biasoto)

Her last stop was in Austria, where she went to Saltsburg — the city where Mozart was born — and later Vienna, the city with the best quality of living in the world. From there she went to the Schönbrunn Palace, empress Sissi’s residence. It’s the city of art and culture. If you ever have the possibility to go there, you should definitely visit the Belvedere Museum (Österreichische Galerie), it’s an unique experience, she says.

Schönbrunn Palace (Image Source: Beatriz Biasoto)

We also asked for some tips and the first thing that she warned us was about the climate. “Be careful when choosing a date to your trip, take some time to research about the local climate. If you prefer a hot weather, you should travel during Summer and vice versa”.

Beatriz also told us that in trips like that you can save money by renting a car instead of traveling from one place to another by train or airplane. However, make sure to do some research about tickets price or even check if they are on sale or have any discount. Besides that, there are some attractions that you only have access by car. Speaking English is another thing that helps a lot. “Locals tend to only speak their native language and English, they won’t make much effort to understand Portuguese or Spanish, even because they’re very different languages.”

(Image Source: Beatriz Biasoto)

In a nutshell, planning your trip is the most important step. Nevertheless, make sure this isn’t driving you crazy, owing to unforeseen events happens and sometimes you’ll have to change your plans what can also lead you to experience another adventures, Biasoto advices.

Beatriz Cavallin

Casper Libero

Hello, I´m Beatriz, an 18 year old journalism student at "Faculdade Cásper Líbero" that also writes some poems.
Giovanna Pascucci

Casper Libero '22

Estudante de Relações Públicas na Faculdade Cásper Líbero que ama animais e falar sobre séries.