Tiktok Music: Trendy Songs That Are Worth Adding To Your Playlist

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

A new teenage fever, TikTok has been really important for the music industry lately. The app allows you to dance, make challenges, dub and do whatever you wanna do with lots of different kinds of music, in fifteen seconds. Its users are increasing even more during self isolation, as a result of young people having more free time. Music artists can select a part of their song that they want to make available for people use and some of them are making a huge success and sticking in everybody’s head.

Famous songs that emerged from TikTok, like “Old Town Road”, have been changing the concept of music industry and establishing the app on it. Lil Nas X music stays in the most heard songs at EUA for seventeen consecutive weeks. A lot of artists are becoming recognized because of the app, like Lizzo, with “Truth hurts” and the rapper Doja Cat, with “Say So”, “Boss B*tch” and “Candy”. Famous songs are even becoming more famous too like “Blinding lights” by The Weeknd, Dua Lipa’s “Don’t start now” and “My Oh My” by Camila Cabello.

According to the journal Financial Times, the company still plans to release a streaming platform, that should compete with Spotify and Deezer. They are also in touch with big records such as Universal Music, Sony Music and Warner Music. So, thinking of this large success and in a lot of songs and artists that are being known because of the app, we separate a few songs — new and old — that you can discover there!

Falling by Travor Daniel

One of the most used audios on the app — even with most of the videos being upbeat and funny — Falling speaks to people who have gone through breakups.

death bed (coffee for your head) by Powfu ft. beabadubee

With a sampled sound, death bed adresses either the end of a relationship or the upcoming death of the narrator. But, just like Falling, most videos using this sound are most time cheerful and aesthetic-like.

Supalonely by BENEE ft. Gus Dapperton

This song is Elton John approved! During his radio show on Apple Music, back in March this year, he revealed his love for the song, even inviting BENEE to join him on-air!

Savage by Megan Thee Stalion

By far one the most viral dances on TikTok! You’ve probbly heard this one before.

Tossie Slide by Drake

In Tossie Slide’s music video — and its lyrics as well — Drake teaches the public the dance. Instantly viral.

Surfaces by Sunday Best

Great song and great vibe. What else can we ask for?

Surrender by Natalie Taylor

Written by Natalie and her husband, this song was featured in two american TV shows: MTV’s Finding Carter and CW’s Jane The Virgin.

The song is responsible for mostly emotional videos on TikTok.

SUGAR by BROCKHAMPTON

This one is a must!

No Idea by Don Toliver

One of TikTok’s most used audio, for sure. This song has gone viral because of the app!

Opaul by Freddie Dredd

Using David by Celia (yes, the Brazilian singer!), Dredd gave us an addictive mixed track, right?

Moral of the Story by Ashe

Becoming viral one year post to its release, Moral of the Story peaked back in February because of its appearance in “To All The Boys 2”. Now the song is used in recipe videos and some POVs.

American Boy by Estelle ft. Kanye West

A lot old songs are being revived on the app, making success again! This one is straight out of 2008.

Cannibal by Kesha

TikTok made Cannibal viral after 10 years of its realese! 

Suicidal by YNW Melly

This song is most seen as a mashup with Roddy Ricch’s The Box, but it’s still a bop.

The Box by Roddy Ricch

Probably one of the most viral of them all. Do we need introductions? I don’t think so. 

Yellow Hearts by Ant Saunders ft. Andy Mika

Such a cute song!

In The End by Linkin Park (Mellen Gi & Tommee Profitt Remix)

TikTok gave a chill vibe to a famous 2000’s song. I don’t know abou you, but we love it!

Love this songs as much as we do? Lucky for you we have the whole playlist for you! Thanks us later.

——————————-

This article was edited by Amanda Oestreich.

Liked this type of content? Check Her Campus Casper Libero home page for more!

Nicoly Bastos

Casper Libero '22

Student at Casper Líbero who loves writing and hope to help world become a better place with it❤️ Instagram: @nic_bastos
Giovanna Pascucci

Casper Libero '22

Estudante de Relações Públicas na Faculdade Cásper Líbero que ama animais e falar sobre séries.